DoriC are you okay?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nanwilson

Re: DoriC are you okay?

Post by nanwilson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Such a flood of relief Dori to see your wonderful avatar come up....soooo happy to hear you have both weathered the storm.
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

lazer

Post by lazer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:36 am

Very relieved to hear from you DoriC and I'm super happy that Mike and you seemed to have weathered the storm and the tough part with no power.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:42 am

Welcome Back... glad to hear you survived Sandy!

you've got me thinking about getting some type of a battery back-up system for emergencies now.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:45 am

So glad to know that you are safe. Mile is one lucky man!
Sleep well and live better!

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 am

I guess I spoke too soon! Mike's AHI was 12.8 last night, lots of CAs and disturbed sleep, dreaming of death, etc.! His BP and Pulse are a little elevated. I'm hoping it's all the aftermath of the hurricane and sleeping without his machine, but I just sent Pugsy the report, hope she'll come back with and "alien" diagnosis!!

Thank you all again for the affection you've shown me, you'll never know how much it means to me during this stressful time. I've had 2 friends without power come over this morning for hot coffee, shower and do some laundry. What I'm receiving from all of you is helping me to pay it forward. So you see, we're all in this together.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:31 am

It is good to see you safe Dori!
I am sure Mike's issues are the stress of going through a hurricane. It will settle down in time.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:51 am

Sending good thoughts your way, Dori & Mike...
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:59 pm

For anyone wondering about Mike's report from last night. Lots of centrals and some unknowns during an episode of big leak. Pretty much points to just a crappy night's sleep. Probably lots of tossing and turning because the leak is all over the place as well as predominately centrals which Mike doesn't normally have in these numbers.
I suspect the stress of all that has happened has bothered him more than he might realize. Probably will take a few days to settle down in his normal routine. The added stress of sleeping without the O2 and his machine for a few nights is going to take its toll and probably going to need a bit of "getting back to the old routine" for things to settle down.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 am

Pugsy, thank you for updating us all on Mike's condition. As mentioned, Mike may need a few days to relax after the ordeal. Hope to get an update from Dori in the few days time.
Pugsy wrote:For anyone wondering about Mike's report from last night. Lots of centrals and some unknowns during an episode of big leak. Pretty much points to just a crappy night's sleep. Probably lots of tossing and turning because the leak is all over the place as well as predominately centrals which Mike doesn't normally have in these numbers.
I suspect the stress of all that has happened has bothered him more than he might realize. Probably will take a few days to settle down in his normal routine. The added stress of sleeping without the O2 and his machine for a few nights is going to take its toll and probably going to need a bit of "getting back to the old routine" for things to settle down.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Well, it's only the second night but much better! Slept 9hrs, AHI=2.8, AI=0.3, HI=1.2, CA=1.3, Leaks=32 lpm@95%, not perfect but acceptable and he's looking and feeling much better today. So another check mark in Pugsy's column!!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

sister

Post by sister » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi Dori,I'm so very glad that you and Mike are o.k. I know it was rough there.I was praying for you guys,that GOD would keep you safe.
GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!!!!!!