loose teeth

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pday

loose teeth

Post by pday » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:53 pm

I have been sleeping with my cpap for about 6 months, but am now having a problem with my teeth feeling loose in the mornings. Any suggestions?

Muse-Inc

Re: loose teeth

Post by Muse-Inc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Are you bruising too? Could be you need more vitamin C (one of the building blocks of collagen that helps 'cement' your teeth). I try to eat a tangerine at least every other day (I'd eat more or other citrus but the other forms have more natural sugars & I eat low carb) so I get the benefit of the full vitamin C complex. I also take supplemental, Solgar's Quercetin+C combo for the allergy & inflammation help as well as warding off bruising.

Could your mask be putting pressure on those teeth. Maybe need to shift pressure pts.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

fadedgirl

Post by fadedgirl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:44 pm

What kind of mask are you using?

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:50 pm

pday wrote:I have been sleeping with my cpap for about 6 months, but am now having a problem with my teeth feeling loose in the mornings. Any suggestions?
You may need to see a dentist to see if there is an issue. And you may want to try nasal pillows to remove pressure from the teeth. Some nasal pillow setups remove all pressure from the mouth area. That might be the trick that will help you.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

Imacpaper

Post by Imacpaper » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:51 pm

What kind of mask are you using?

I was going to ask that? When I used a Liberty my top teeth were hurting an I discovered that I was wearing it too low and was putting pressure on my teeth and after three nights I felt that my top teeth were going to fall out. Make sure you are wearing your your mask right.

RipVW

Post by RipVW » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:52 pm

JohnBFisher wrote:
pday wrote:I have been sleeping with my cpap for about 6 months, but am now having a problem with my teeth feeling loose in the mornings. Any suggestions?
You may need to see a dentist to see if there is an issue. And you may want to try nasal pillows to remove pressure from the teeth. Some nasal pillow setups remove all pressure from the mouth area. That might be the trick that will help you.
I stopped using a nasal mask due to the pressure on my upper front teeth. I like that my FFM puts no pressure on my teeth/gums (just as the nasal pillows do not press above the upper lip).
Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:53 pm

I have a nasal pillows mask and get that feeling sometimes. One time I had that feeling the day I went to the dentist, so I had him check. For me, he said my teeth were perfectly "cemented" in place, so it must just be the FEELING of them being loose.
Sleep well and live better!

frazzled-snoozer

Post by frazzled-snoozer » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:08 pm

This sounds just terrible! I always have nightmares that my teeth are falling out! I hope you solve this.
Frazzled-Snoozer

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Did you know that the "teeth falling out" dream is very common? I don't buy too much into dream analysis, but it's interesting that a lot of people have them.

Here's just one example of analysis of that dream.

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdream ... teethintro
Sleep well and live better!

frazzled-snoozer

Post by frazzled-snoozer » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:55 am

tattooyu wrote:Did you know that the "teeth falling out" dream is very common? I don't buy too much into dream analysis, but it's interesting that a lot of people have them.

Here's just one example of analysis of that dream.

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdream ... teethintro
Wow! that was pretty interesting. They say that dreams about your teeth falling out are the most common they hear about. Wild. I'd say the most likely explanation there was about power. Life seems to get away from me.

As far as feeling like your teeth are falling out... I can totally see how the mask can leave a feeling like that. I've had to adjust to teeth issues as well. Who'd believe so many odd sensations could be caused by cpap?
Frazzled-Snoozer

secret agent girl

Post by secret agent girl » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Just Paula

Post by Just Paula » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi, I have been using the cpap mask 1/2 mask covers the nose and sits on my upper lip and had just recently gone to the dentist and he is dumbfounded that my front upper teeth are loose and there is no bone loss. I believe the mask is the cause of this. I am now switching to the nostrils only and will try that. Does anyone else have this issue?

Franke123

Post by Franke123 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:37 am

I Am in the process of getting implant supported dentures. My full face mask on my APAP (aka CPAP) has lossenend two lower implant teeth. Makes sense. My dentist is very patient when pulling teeth (gently rocks the tooth for several minutes. Then let’s the tooth rest for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then returns for more rocking). Almost totally pain free! I am going to report this to The Food & Drug Adninistration and encourage others to do likewise. In the mean time I will be looking for a different kind of Map. Frank Schlesinger.

gabagoo

Post by gabagoo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:50 am

Interesting thread as I have noticed in the last few weeks while wearing my wisp mask that I feel pressure on my upper teeth a little bit. Sort of like when I had braces as a kid and you would put the headgear on at night. I find that I may have the mask a bit tight to stop the air leaks.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:34 pm

The loose teeth sure sound like the mask is too tight.