Anyone ever heard of Graham Field?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Imacpaper

Anyone ever heard of Graham Field?

Post by Imacpaper » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 pm

I talked to my sister-in-law who works for a company that processes orders for various companies who says that she can get me cpap machines or supplies for below cost from one of the companies they deal with. She thought the company was Graham Field.

Has anyone ever heard of them? I did find that they make a few masks but can't find anything about machines or the quality of their stuff. Anybody in the know?

thewetlizard

Re: Anyone ever heard of Graham Field?

Post by thewetlizard » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:09 pm

never heard of them before. Sorry
stop the bull the cow is dead!

mattman

Re: Anyone ever heard of Graham Field?

Post by mattman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:33 pm

They've been around for a long time. I'm actually pretty intimately familiar with them, having both competed very well against them and later, had a hand in some expansion of theirs.

They are your basic mid-level distributor and private label company. I'm not sure who they are getting the CPAP masks from these days. I don't think they carry machines themselves.

The masks most likely are coming from an importer called Basic America which is an importer that grew out of another company when the owner branched off on his own.

I do know that back when I was working with him was right when they started up and he got pretty much only the best stuff. He had some great contacts all over the world. A lot of his stuff he was buying straight from the overseas manufacturers that companies like Respironics and others had their things from.

However, just from glancing at a current GF catalog the masks do look kind of cheap. I have zero experience with them though so I really can't comment with any authority.

Bottom line: GF is purely a distributor so anything you get from them is likely to be seen somewhere else. If it's the right price, I'd say at least give it a try.

Hope that helps.

mattman
Machine: REMstar Pro 2 C-Flex CPAP Machine
Masks: 1) ComfortGel Mask with Headgear
2) ComfortSelect Mask with Headgear
3) Swift
Humidifier: REMstar Heated Humidifier