Respironics Tranquility bi-level adjustments??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
capbanks

Respironics Tranquility bi-level adjustments??

Post by capbanks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 pm

I was wondering if anybody could assist me with adjusting the pressure settings on a Respironics Tranquility bi-level machine. I have been using a different machine but due to circumstances beyond my control I will not be able to do so any longer. I bought the Tranquility used but the pressures are too low for my needs. I've searched high and low for the procedure with no luck. I realize this machine is old but I can't afford a new machine at this time.

I thank you for any help or ideas.

jules

Re: Respironics Tranquility bi-level adjustments??

Post by jules » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:02 pm

need a manometer for a start according to this thread - you might more info searching tranquility and then searching those results for setting

viewtopic/t48183/viewtopic.php?p=423761#p423761

dsm

Post by dsm » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:02 pm

capbanks wrote:I was wondering if anybody could assist me with adjusting the pressure settings on a Respironics Tranquility bi-level machine. I have been using a different machine but due to circumstances beyond my control I will not be able to do so any longer. I bought the Tranquility used but the pressures are too low for my needs. I've searched high and low for the procedure with no luck. I realize this machine is old but I can't afford a new machine at this time.

I thank you for any help or ideas.
I just checked to see if I still had a Tranquility BiLevel but unfortunately sold it & have no manual.
I still have a Tranquility Auto but know it was set differently from the Bilevel but from memory
the Bilevel was pretty easy to set. I'll try to remember - here goes ...

1st let me know if it is the same as in these pics ...
(in the 1st pic, to the left is a QUEST, Middle is an AUTO & right is a BILEVEL)

http://www.internetage.ws/cpapinfo/heal ... index.html

My recollection is that the switches on the front are as follows ...
Left = power on off
Middle = ramp on off
Right = Risetime (3 settings - allows you to change the speed of how fast the pressure goes from breath-in to breathe-out)

Underneath:
Underneath are an up arrow & a down arrow used to change the settings and there is a MODE button used to
switch between modes and an LCD display.
Going from my memory (which is asking a lot from a muddle headed old man like me ), Try the following combinations ...

1st - as you power it on also hold down the MODE button. See if that activates the LCD. If yes
then you can follow the LCD for setting epap (low pressure) & ipap (higher pressure) & the ramptime minutes using the
up down arrows to change the values. Each time you press MODE it takes you to the next settable selection
(i.e. epap - ipap - ramptime?).

OTHER ACTIVATION SUGGESTIONS:
If that doesn't work, then when the machine is ALREADY POWERED ON try holding both up arrow & down arrow down
together for 3-5 secs
else
Try the mode button & both arrows pressed in for 3-5 secs
else
mode button & up arrow
else
mode button & down arrow

Am confident one of these steps will work for you.

Good luck

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

capbanks

Post by capbanks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks for your replies!

Problem solved.

DSM, your second suggestion was right on target but right before I read your post I was sent a link to the service manual which had the same procedure.

BTW, DSM.....great memory!

dsm

Post by dsm » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:31 pm

capbanks

Fantastic,
That is a very smooth & nice machine (if not a tad noisy by today's standards) but excellent none the less.

Also thanks for the memory endorsement, I have become a tad paranoid about my poor old 'muddled thinking' of late
as I am sure my brain still works very well - this exercise helped reinforce that - well at least some part of
it

Now go and enjoy what that machine can do for you

DSM

PS some related trivia:
Those Healthdyne machines were market leaders in their day. Healthdyne became part of
Respironics many years ago after being bought out. Healthdyne also lost a patent infringement case brought
against them my Respironics and it was in relation to the Healthdyne BiLevel machine.

Merger
http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/ ... aily6.html

Patent Suit
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-19585609.html

D

capbanks

Post by capbanks » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:23 pm

dsm wrote:capbanks

Fantastic,
That is a very smooth & nice machine (if not a tad noisy by today's standards) but excellent none the less.

Also thanks for the memory endorsement, I have become a tad paranoid about my poor old 'muddled thinking' of late
as I am sure my brain still works very well - this exercise helped reinforce that - well at least some part of
it

Now go and enjoy what that machine can do for you

DSM

PS some related trivia:
Those Healthdyne machines were market leaders in their day. Healthdyne became part of
Respironics many years ago after being bought out. Healthdyne also lost a patent infringement case brought
against them my Respironics and it was in relation to the Healthdyne BiLevel machine.

Merger
http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/ ... aily6.html

Patent Suit
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-19585609.html

D
Good read, thanks. Now I have to find a heated humidifier for it.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:37 pm

capbanks wrote: Now I have to find a heated humidifier for it.
HC 150 should do.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

dsm

Post by dsm » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:33 pm

There was a time one could pick up a used HC100 or HC150 H/H off ebay or craig's list for around $50-75 which is not at all bad.

I bought some that way - best advice is go for the HC150 as it added ambient tracking which means it adjusts the heat as the temperature changes in the night & delivers a more consistent humidification.

The chambers are cheap enough (from cpap.com).

Good luck

DSM

tlcca

Post by tlcca » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Any idea where i can find the service manual for the Healthdyne Tranquility Bilevel 1700 (Also called Respironics). My machine in the back on the right side show red light and since the pressure dropped and is too low.
I can not find a place that know how to service this machine. It is a great machine (purchased used) and i can not afford buying a new one.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:00 pm

tlcca wrote:Any idea where i can find the service manual for the Healthdyne Tranquility Bilevel 1700 (Also called Respironics). My machine in the back on the right side show red light and since the pressure dropped and is too low.
I can not find a place that know how to service this machine. It is a great machine (purchased used) and i can not afford buying a new one.
Maybe.
I know where the Respironics Tranquility Bilevel Service manual can be found (published date is 2000).
The .pdf file is about 10 MB in size.

Too bad you're not registered on the forum.......I can't contact you.

For service, I'd contact these folks.

http://www.acbio.com/
http://www.acbio.com/about.htm

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

tlcca

Post by tlcca » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks, I just registered. I didn't realize that i can register.
I got the user manual but if you have the service manual for the errors that would be great.
Please email me the manual link.
Hopefully I would be able to solve this red light error

Thanks again !!!

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:32 pm

tlcca wrote:Thanks, I just registered. I didn't realize that i can register.
I got the user manual but if you have the service manual for the errors that would be great.
Please email me the manual link.
Hopefully I would be able to solve this red light error

Thanks again !!!
Please check your Private Messages (up above, under the "Search" line and to the right of the "User Control Panel").

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

KINGoftheVille

Post by KINGoftheVille » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:40 pm

tlcca wrote:Any idea where i can find the service manual for the Healthdyne Tranquility Bilevel 1700 (Also called Respironics). My machine in the back on the right side show red light and since the pressure dropped and is too low.
OK i have about the the same thing....SORTA...

I got my machine a LONG time ago and I never got used to using it, I put it up and really never used it. SO my wife is trying to get me to use it. I pulled it out and it lights up but I get a red light on the back of the machine on the right. I get a power light but it does not appear to be working at all.

Can someone help me?

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:17 pm

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński