help in changing pressure devilbiss intellipap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
deelrich

help in changing pressure devilbiss intellipap

Post by deelrich » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:18 am

Hi can someone help me i found a site on how to turn up my pressure on devilbiss intellipap dv51au cpap it has been some time that i done it i have forgotten how to do it
It was something like turn on cpap and hold down a few keys but can not remember can someone let me know

Thanks

bearded_two

Re: help in changing pressure devilbiss intellipap

Post by bearded_two » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:48 am

Intellipap setup directions

1. Turn on the machine
2. Turn off the machine
3. Hold down the down arrow down and the ramp button and press the power button.
4. Scroll through the menu using the Select button and use the up and down arrows to change the values.
5. Turn the machine off when done setting.

jack sparrow

Post by jack sparrow » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks so much! The A-hole at Devilbiss wouldn't tell me how to do it. She said she would 'get in trouble"!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:24 pm

I have no doubt that she would get disciplined--or worse.
Manufacturers are in cahoots with the DME's and doctors to protect the power they enjoy (and misuse)

3DCNZ

Post by 3DCNZ » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:50 pm

CPAP/APAP/VPAP pressures are prescribed by physicians. These pressures are what are required for effective therapy. If the pressures are changed, the therapy will be ineffective and you might as well not use the PAP equipment. Also, if you are a truck or bus driver and you change pressures you will be fined by the DMV and probably lose your liscense. If a homecare company or others change pressures they will be prosecuted and/or sued.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:02 pm

3DCNZ wrote:CPAP/APAP/VPAP pressures are prescribed by physicians. These pressures are what are required for effective therapy. If the pressures are changed, the therapy will be ineffective and you might as well not use the PAP equipment. Also, if you are a truck or bus driver and you change pressures you will be fined by the DMV and probably lose your liscense. If a homecare company or others change pressures they will be prosecuted and/or sued.
your ignorance is showing.

or, are you just parroting the bullshit they tell you at the DME you work at?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:05 pm

3DCNZ wrote:CPAP/APAP/VPAP pressures are prescribed by physicians. These pressures are what are required for effective therapy. If the pressures are changed, the therapy will be ineffective and you might as well not use the PAP equipment. Also, if you are a truck or bus driver and you change pressures you will be fined by the DMV and probably lose your liscense. If a homecare company or others change pressures they will be prosecuted and/or sued.
Can you provide some citations to this? Especially the part where the patient makes the changes.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Krelvin wrote:
Can you provide some citations to this? Especially the part where the patient makes the changes.
I would like to see those citations also.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:45 pm

one of the downsides of anonymous postings

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:54 pm

palerider wrote:one of the downsides of anonymous postings
I just feel bad for that person's customers/patients who are getting that BS. How many lies do these folks spread? And everyone wonders why cpap compliance is so low.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:31 pm

49er wrote:I just feel bad for that person's customers/patients who are getting that BS. How many lies do these folks spread? And everyone wonders why cpap compliance is so low.
that we agree on.

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:18 pm

You're full of crap.
Mask: bleep and F30i
Machine: Resmed S10 Autoset

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Those of us who were initially titrated at pressures several cm higher than effective and tolerable--
are looking for our high boots.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Not true..............you lying piece of equestrian excrement!!!
Physicians often prescribe ineffective/inaccurate pressures based on one night in a sleep study. I know, it happened to me. These pages also have many, many examples of DME employees incorrectly configuring machines, too. An Auto-CPAP with a wide pressure range (often prescribed by physicians) can also be very ineffective and give horrible therapy. With proper guidance and the use of software with a data-capable PAP machine, the users can easily optimize their own therapy. After all, the patients OWN THEIR machines. It's absolutely NOT improper or illegal for them to change the pressures in THEIR machines. Yes, DMEs and RTs need an "order" from a physician to change the pressures......that's a well-known fact. But, it doesn't apply to the owners/users of the machines.

You have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about.
And, these forum pages are full of idiots like you coming here to demonstrate their stupidity.

Den (adding yet another "pile-on" comment)

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Artesian

Post by Artesian » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:11 pm

I had a sleep test. Found out the correct pressure to use and set it in a minute.