Increase in DME Prices under Obama Care !

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DannyPh

Increase in DME Prices under Obama Care !

Post by DannyPh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:39 am

My DME Prices for Cpap Supplies have increased under the Obama Health Care Reform. In the Past I have Gotten my Replacement supplies ( Mask, tubing, Filters and Humidifier tank at No out of Pocket expense to myself. But in the Past six Months I have been recieving Bills from my DME ( American Home Patient ) for balances owed after my Insurance Coverage ( Medicare and BC/BS ). Well, Luckily I stocked up on Supplies In the Beginning of my Therapy So My DME will be getting a LOt less Business from me in the Future. I anticipated something like this Happening so thus the reason for my Stocking up on Supplies. I have Three unused sets of the Swift LT and two sets of the Swift II which I am currently using and a New Mirage Liberty Hybrid with six new Mouth Pieces for when I am congested and two new Tubings and One new Humidifier Tank. I can buy the Fine white Filters and the Foam Filters for my Machine off E Bay ( 12 white and two Foam ) cheaper that what the DME charges. So, Obama and His Health Care Reform can just sit in Washington and Muddle over the Mess of it all. My DME is Good but Neddless to say they have lost a Lot of Business from me.

bearded_two

Re: Increase in DME Prices under Obama Care !

Post by bearded_two » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:47 am

I gather that South East Texas has a rather large number of Republicans (except for the Latios).

The Texan

Post by The Texan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:57 am

I have seen the same thing over the last 90 days. The DME I was using in FL, stopped shipping because my insurance refused to allow them to charge me extra. Now I am using a DME on the west coast and they said they are seeing increased cost but realize they can not pass them on unless approved by the insurance company and that isn't happening right now.

No, we have some sensible folks here in Texas that realize we are losing our country to Sharia law and it must stop........

'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins, our home.
69 years old and back working in the oil patch, to survive retirement, in the current economy.

Kevin G.

Post by Kevin G. » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Sounds to me as it is a continuation of what has been going on for the last X years. The medical costs are going up so in order to control the cost to the employer more of the cost is being shifted to the insured. I suggest that you would see the same thing even without the healt care legislation.

kempo

Post by kempo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Obama Care is just the tip of the iceberg as far as rising cost go. Not only is your insurance going up it is going to provide most people with less benefits. Hang on, the biggy will be coming to you soon in the form of inflation. We are printing trillions of worthless dollars and the cost of everything you buy, gas, food, cloths, ect. will be going for a much higher price.

I warned everyone here several months ago this was going to happen but I was labled as an extremist. Now days if you believe in limited government, the Constitution, you are an extremist.

So Well

Post by So Well » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Kudos to all the Texans for running a fiscally conservative government and having a good business environment and believing in individual freedom and the Constitution.

Please don't let the Feds take your money and bail us out in CA when we crash with a dull thud.

I need to get out of here.
So Well
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

jonquiljo

Post by jonquiljo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:29 pm

kempo wrote:Obama Care is just the tip of the iceberg as far as rising cost go. Not only is your insurance going up it is going to provide most people with less benefits. Hang on, the biggy will be coming to you soon in the form of inflation. We are printing trillions of worthless dollars and the cost of everything you buy, gas, food, cloths, ect. will be going for a much higher price.
Yeah, my insurance went up this year by 15% to $5000 a month! That's because I have an individual plan. Benefits keep on going down too. I hit 60 in a couple of years and I will probably get a 50% premium increase then too.

Obama care is just going to cost people more money and it doesn't fix the price-fixing and price gouging that goes on in the health care industry. All it does is buy votes by giving out free health care in the form of Medicaid. Boy are people going to be surprise when they find out that's the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

Our politicians got away with this because lots of people in this country are looking for anything free -not for reform and a better system.

PST

Post by PST » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:57 pm

DannyPh wrote:My DME Prices for Cpap Supplies have increased under the Obama Health Care Reform. In the Past I have Gotten my Replacement supplies ( Mask, tubing, Filters and Humidifier tank at No out of Pocket expense to myself. But in the Past six Months I have been recieving Bills from my DME ( American Home Patient ) for balances owed after my Insurance Coverage ( Medicare and BC/BS ). Well, Luckily I stocked up on Supplies In the Beginning of my Therapy So My DME will be getting a LOt less Business from me in the Future. I anticipated something like this Happening so thus the reason for my Stocking up on Supplies. I have Three unused sets of the Swift LT and two sets of the Swift II which I am currently using and a New Mirage Liberty Hybrid with six new Mouth Pieces for when I am congested and two new Tubings and One new Humidifier Tank. I can buy the Fine white Filters and the Foam Filters for my Machine off E Bay ( 12 white and two Foam ) cheaper that what the DME charges. So, Obama and His Health Care Reform can just sit in Washington and Muddle over the Mess of it all. My DME is Good but Neddless to say they have lost a Lot of Business from me.

Let me understand this, DannyPh. You are upset because you used to get all your equipment completely for free, but now you have to pay a deductible like practically everyone else. Because you anticipated that you might have to pay a deductible in the future, you ordered a bunch of equipment you didn't need yet, paid for by Medicare, so that now you have SIX completely unused masks. I have no idea how the PPACA caused this situation to arise six months ago, since that was before essentially any of its provisions were effective. Still, I find it fascinating that you would rather see 32 million people get along without any health insurance if it means that you can no longer stockpile masks without paying a cent. That's rugged Southeast Texas Republican individualism just the way I understand it. I am surprised you approve, So Well; I would expect you to see in this post a strong argument for why everyone should be paying at least part of the cost of their equipment.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:15 pm

The price of coffee went up this week - that must be because of Obama too. Amazing how he affects the price of coffee all over the world.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

jweeks

Post by jweeks » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:17 pm

DannyPh wrote:My DME Prices for Cpap Supplies have increased under the Obama Health Care Reform. In the Past I have Gotten my Replacement supplies ( Mask, tubing, Filters and Humidifier tank at No out of Pocket expense to myself. But in the Past six Months I have been recieving Bills from my DME ( American Home Patient ) for balances owed after my Insurance Coverage ( Medicare and BC/BS ).
Danny,

Ummm, not to burst your bubble, but the new health care law didn't go into effect until Sept 23, 2010, so if you had a change in your coverage starting 6 months ago, it had nothing to do with the health care reform legislation. Since the provisions of the new law kick in over the next 4 years, it is unlikely that you are currently seeing any difference in your coverage.

The fact of the matter is that health care costs have been increasing at an unsustainable rate, and Republican obstructionists would rather see America be bankrupted then to support reasonable changes to the law that would bring efficiencies to the system. This Republican obstructionist policy of running American into the ground is the reason that your healthcare costs went up.

-john-

PurplePat

Post by PurplePat » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:25 pm

I really, really don't understand why some people blame anything they can on Obama. Don't they realize that if there is anyone in their family with pre-existing conditions they will now be able to get insurance? If they don;t like government involvement in health insurance I assume they will choose not to use Medicare when they are eligible.

PST

Post by PST » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:48 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:The price of coffee went up this week - that must be because of Obama too. Amazing how he affects the price of coffee all over the world.
Well, he was in Indonesia, a major coffee producing country, this week. Coincidence?

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 pm

PST wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:The price of coffee went up this week - that must be because of Obama too. Amazing how he affects the price of coffee all over the world.
Well, he was in Indonesia, a major coffee producing country, this week. Coincidence?
Yes and I just heard there were no hurricanes that made landfall in the USA but 2 did hit Canada. I am sure that was his fault too.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

PST

Post by PST » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:13 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
PST wrote:
Yes and I just heard there were no hurricanes that made landfall in the USA but 2 did hit Canada. I am sure that was his fault too.
Not his fault alone, of course, since he is just George Soros's puppet. The false claim of global warming is just the pretext for the conspiracy to bring about global cooling. Canada suffers first, naturally.

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:25 pm

What a refreshing change to NOT hear how everything is "Bush's fault"....

but I'm sure y'all will get around to that eventually.

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...