S9 filter question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
millich

S9 filter question

Post by millich » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:15 am

Hi All,

I feel stupid asking this question of S9 users but here goes: When I bought my S9, I was given a black reusable filter to use as well as the white disposable hypoallergenic filters. I don't see reusable filters for an S9 for sale on CPAP.com. Given that and how difficult it is to fit both filters in the machine, I'm wondering if I'm really supposed use both. Do you use the black one? Thank you!

palerider

Re: S9 filter question

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 pm

millich wrote:Hi All,

I feel stupid asking this question of S9 users but here goes: When I bought my S9, I was given a black reusable filter to use
Resmed S9 only has white filters, course and fine.
millich wrote: I don't see reusable filters for an S9 for sale on CPAP.com.
because they don't exist.
millich wrote: I'm wondering if I'm really supposed use both. Do you use the black one? !
Only if you have a *RESPIRONICS* machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Never saw a black one for a S9.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:03 pm

hobbs wrote:Never saw a black one for a S9.
OP is talking about the foam filter for the respironics m and system one machines.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 am

palerider wrote:
OP is talking about the foam filter for the respironics m and system one machines.
OP is asking about filter for a Resmed S9.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:58 am

millich wrote:I was given a black reusable filter
hobbs wrote:
palerider wrote:
OP is asking about filter for a Resmed S9.
OP is *ASKING* about a filter for a resmed S9,
millich wrote: I was given a black reusable filter to use
OP is *TALKING* about a filter for a Respironics.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:58 am

That's because they don't exist... OP has bad information.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:13 am

Kind of scary isn't it to think that a DME would be cramming a Respironics black foam filter into a ResMed machine and doesn't even know that ResMed doesn't use those kind of filters. They never have as far as I remember. Even the S8 used the blue/white meshy filter.

This is the same DME that we are supposed to trust to set the machine up correctly and he doesn't even know what machines use which filters??
This stuff isn't rocket science. Not that hard to learn which machine uses what filters and you really shouldn't go mixing the up.
Doesn't install a lot of confidence in my book.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

millich

Post by millich » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:40 am

Thank you all for your replies. Hopefully I haven’t ruined my machine by using both filters. I expect drawing air through more filters than intended would put a strain on the motor.

This the same DME who told me the only reason people get red marks on the bridge of their nose is because they don’t wash their masks. Whaaat?!? Obviously he has never worn an improperly fitted mask (or any mask at all for that matter.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:10 am

When looking at the available space for filters on my AS10 and my memory of the same for past S9s make me question the wisdom of the DME suggesting squeezing the PR foam filter into that space. Given how shallow the space is and how thick the filter is makes me wonder about how restricted the air flow would be. Perhaps there is a need to develop a Heimlich Maneuver for PAP machines.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:59 am

millich wrote:Thank you all for your replies. Hopefully I haven’t ruined my machine by using both filters. I expect drawing air through more filters than intended would put a strain on the motor.
Nothing significant... Don't worry about it.
millich wrote:This the same DME who told me the only reason people get red marks on the bridge of their nose is because they don’t wash their masks. Whaaat?!? Obviously he has never worn an improperly fitted mask (or any mask at all for that matter.
Never trust a DME. If they're not lying, they're ignorant... It seems that most are only accidentally right.