Love my DME rep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Elle

Love my DME rep

Post by Elle » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:54 pm

I had a good first night on my new machine (delivered by an RT who was very nice and seemed to want to help). She even set it up in my bedroom for me and showed me everything.

Since the first night (last week) I have felt like I was waking up a lot adjusting my mask (didn't happen with old machine for 5 years) and I was snorting and waking up with a dry mouth (indicating to me that I was mouth breathing ....very unusual).

I emailed her about it and she will come by after work to check things and to see if the pressure is not set right. I told her I could send her the SD card for her to see what is going on but she said it is better to get it sorted sooner rather than later if I am not sleeping well.

After buying my first machine (in 2006) I didn't hear from them (had masks shipped) except for a yearly reminder to bring the machine in to be checked. I stopped doing that the second year since it seemed to be a waste to travel there when all they could tell me was "yep. you used it" (non data machine).

So, I guess because of that and because of experiences related here about DMEs in general I thought I would report not just satisfaction but a genuine like for this woman.

Lizistired

Re: Love my DME rep

Post by Lizistired » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:11 pm

That's good. We beat up on DMEs here but I wouldn't want to enter the xpap world without them.
Apria gets trashed a lot here but they do what I need them to do.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Be still my heart!!!! TWO reports of good DME providers in one day!!!! What a delight. Maybe there is hope. Ah, if they would just multiply like rabbits!! Thanks for sharing.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

DJ_Boxer

Post by DJ_Boxer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:13 am

On November 11th I went to pick up my new machine. I was talking with the rep about masks and showed her our sister site on her computer, she also gave me 6 filters so I had them and the box my machine (the S9 Autoset and H5i Humidifier came in because "in case I needed it" or something like that). They also gave automatically put on the order a chinstrap(thought I would have to ask but never did). I have been with them since I was first Dx'd around August 2009 and every once in a while they call me for a survey and if I need more supplies. I am happy with BayState Medical. Granted their webpage is slightly out of date with not having the most recent machines manuals but if they are in-service for you than I can recommend them. My original machine was a Remstar Auto M even though I was titrated for CPAP not APAP.

DJ
"Embrace your dreams"- Angeal Hewley