another encore pro problem

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
reefdreamer

another encore pro problem

Post by reefdreamer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:17 pm

So I finally got encore pro to work on vista 64 bit and it has been working for a month. Now today I get this error when it is updating data base that says respironics xml server error, error number-80040202. I searched on the forum for the error number without much luck. I did receive this error before on my computer at work that has vista 32bit and I am not sure how it was fixed but one day it just started working again. I really detest encore pro.
Jen

6PtStar

Re: another encore pro problem

Post by 6PtStar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 pm

How about detesting Vista? It sure works good on XP!!!!

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 pm

Blame the messenger, not the one that brung ya! Vista is the trash program. The good news I got Encore Pro to work with Windows 7 32 bit Build 7068, the clock is still running on how long it will work. Under Vista it worked on the fifth install try, then as the raven said, Never More!

I think I will be using Windows 7 on my laptop from now on, and Billie owes me a O.S. to make up for what I paid for "Vista". jim

UPDATE: Retried and failed to find card reader, more work ahead.....
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:09 am

It would be nice if respironics would just come out with a new program for 64bit os....it is like duh! It is kind of crazy that I have to rig up everything so I can get encore pro to work on a brand new computer. So has anyone fixed this error. I guess I can just wait it till it decides to fix itself. If respironics would just wake up and get a program that works right...makes me kind of wish I had a different cpap machine that was not respironics.
Jen

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:43 am

reefdreamer wrote:It would be nice if respironics would just come out with a new program for 64bit os....it is like duh! It is kind of crazy that I have to rig up everything so I can get encore pro to work on a brand new computer. So has anyone fixed this error. I guess I can just wait it till it decides to fix itself. If respironics would just wake up and get a program that works right...makes me kind of wish I had a different cpap machine that was not respironics.
Jen
They didn't want us to have software in the first place ... under pressure of the DME industry they prohibited it from patient use for a while but then came out with Encore Viewer (Encore Pro w/o the SQL capbility). Respironics nor most other manufacturers are going to wake up when they gots $$$$ on their mind instead of ZZZZZs.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

builta

Post by builta » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:23 pm

reefdreamer wrote:So I finally got encore pro to work on vista 64 bit and it has been working for a month. Now today I get this error when it is updating data base that says respironics xml server error, error number-80040202. I searched on the forum for the error number without much luck. I did receive this error before on my computer at work that has vista 32bit and I am not sure how it was fixed but one day it just started working again. I really detest encore pro.
Jen
Hi Jen,

I think that you should go back to the original thread viewtopic.php?t=40234

Reading through it, it looks like you did some "unusual" things to get it up and running in the first place. Others have not had to follow your path to get Vista 64 bit and Encore Pro to co-exist. I personally tried to install the software first (right off the CD) and it failed. I then uninstalled it and followed Gregor's advice and links and all runs fine.

Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:29 pm

seems like invalid credentials. I have replied you on PM.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Jen, if this is not resolved would you post the exact error message? Well either way.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Gumby, I think it must be either the card or the reader but the green light does come on when I insert the card. After it says...downloading data from smart card it says updating database...then the error comes up...Error Source-RespironicsXMLServer, Error number-80040202. I tried it on my computer at work that previously had this same error once and it just resolved on its own that time and when I tried it today it came up with the same exact error. My home computer is vista 64bit, work computer vista 32 bit. I had just as many problems with windows xp so I am starting to blame respironics

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Finally fixed it...I did have to reformat the smart card and delete all the data on it but works just fine now. Well should I say works fine for now...we will find out soon I imagine another problem will arise.
Jen

builta

Post by builta » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:44 pm

reefdreamer wrote:Finally fixed it...I did have to reformat the smart card and delete all the data on it but works just fine now. Well should I say works fine for now...we will find out soon I imagine another problem will arise.
Jen
Jen,

Do you have "Windows Update" set to automatically install important and critical updates? There is an "Important" Update titled

"Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089)"

Download size: 33.1 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in the SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 that could allow an attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960089

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

It is my bet that this is a "32 bit" update and that it is what suddenly caused your SQL Server "64bit" to act up. You might want to turn off auto install of updates to prevent this update from "re-implementing itself. For now back up you data so you can easily reinstall the software and then re-import your data if necessary. In outer words if I am right on this you may have the same issue again because of this update.

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Actually it looks like I already did that update on 3/22/09. Thanks
Jen

builta

Post by builta » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Jen,

You did that update prior to getting Encore Pro to run under Vista 64 bit? Or did you have the update run after you got Encore Pro to run under W64?

This may not be the issue but, it is the kind of thing that can "sneek up and bite". I have contained the update. My Encore Pro is running under W64 using Gregor's suggestions. I will install the update and see what happens. (but I'll back up my data first). Let you know.

Last edited by builta on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If your never go off on a tangent, you are doomed to live your life going around in circles.

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:10 pm

I did the update after getting encore pro to work on Vista 64bit and it worked for a month then the smart card went crazy.
Jen

builta

Post by builta » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:21 pm

reefdreamer wrote:I did the update after getting encore pro to work on Vista 64bit and it worked for a month then the smart card went crazy.
Jen
Hi Jen,

Just ran the update and Encore Pro still seems to be running fine under W64. Sorry for the false alarm.

It is always good to wait for a minute after you turn off your unit before you remove the "Smart Card." If you pull it too quickly it may still be writing to the card and then--time to reformat the card. This happend to me once. Now I wait a minute or two.