How to run EP under Vista 64 - solution

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gregor

How to run EP under Vista 64 - solution

Post by Gregor » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:03 pm

If you have SQL previously installed, remove it.Reboot PC to ensure is gone.

copy all directories and files from CD to disk drive.
go to directory called /files/SQL 2005
delete SQLEXPR32.exe

go to : http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/deta ... laylang=en scroll down and download file SQLEXPR.EXE with size 55.4 MB (both version in this file 32 and 64 bits.
Copy downloaded file into /files/SQL 2005 and change name to SQLEXPR32.exe

Run installation.

Choose under installation advanced.
You have tick two boxes, database and program.

You are redy to go.

6PtStar

Re: How to run EP under Vista 64 - solution

Post by 6PtStar » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:27 pm

OK you Vista 64 folks, try it and tell us if you can get it to work!! Make my day and give me hope!!!! A report that it works for you might bring me out of my deep blue computer funk!!

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Have a look below

Better quality under link :

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3259/epvista64.jpg

deerhound

Post by deerhound » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Works Great on Windows 7 64 bit beta. Why I never thought of your solution I'll never know. Thank you very much Gregor. What a simple elegant solution.

Dale

AHI:
Untreated 156
Treated 1.1

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Wish I could try it, but I chose to install 32 bit rather than 64, but it looks like that server file is for both. I may try it and use it to redo mine. If this is the fix, it seems too easy to do. Most solutions are very difficult. Everyone get er done, and get back and report on it. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:11 am

If you have SQL previously installed, remove it.Reboot PC to ensure is gone.

copy all directories and files from CD to disk drive.
go to directory called /files/SQL 2005
delete SQLEXPR32.exe

go to : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 465cdff1e7 scroll down and download file SQLEXPR.EXE with size 55.4 MB (both version in this file 32 and 64 bits.)
Copy downloaded file into /files/SQL 2005 and change name to SQLEXPR32.exe
Install SQL first using new SQLEXPR32.exe, then uninstall SQL Server from your system. You should be ready for EP with SQL integrated installation now.

run EP launcher
choose English

press button Install software

again choose language English

Press next

accept license

choose advanced - press next

press next - default directory will be used

Select features - tick both boxes - database software and encore pro - press next

should be greyed out "Install new server" - just press next

type new password (what do you like as password, same password in both fields)

press next
press install

you should see installing sql express dialog window - wait until it will finish (can take few minutes - be patient)

Then you should see EP installer when creating database tables and entries.Wait until you see Finish - press on Finish button.

all done !

run EP you should see on dialog window connecting to database.

To get MAKO DT-3500 Card reader working under Vista 64 bit go to : http://www.ais-magnetic.com/en/index.ph ... &Itemid=20
Download and install driver from link above, and you are ready to go.

good luck

Last edited by Gregor on Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:52 am

I think my problem is I can't get rid of the SQL server that is installed for some reason....I will keep trying. Thanks,
Jen

Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:04 am

Yes you have to uninstall ALL previous instances of SQL. To do that you need to stop SQL server and other related to SQL under services (from control panel).
Other way (but more complicated) is to add user into existing database to allow authenticate EP with database.
Designer of this software should have information as all problems are only with sql express, and nothing with application itself. delivered with installation sql express is only 32 bit version, never will work on 64 bit enviroment.
To use on 64bit enviroment have to be installed SQL Express 2005 64bit from link in my post. Just as explanation.

jules

Post by jules » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 am

in looking at your screen shot, the dates are not exactly correct; did redoing SQL cause that?

what if you have other programs that use SQL? do they run correctly?

Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:49 am

what dates are not correct? in EP there is sample patient with date 2004, if you are talking about clock...well I'm in different time zone
Of course other programs will run with correct database privileges, EP should create own database, then other software should create another one.
So if you want to use with other software...you have to reinstall or recreate database.

Last edited by Gregor on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jules

Post by jules » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:50 am

so this is not your data

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 am

I unistall all the sql servers and stop all the sql services and then when I try to run the program to install it locks up and says encore pro experienced and error. It never gets to the password part. I tried installing the sql server separate with your link and that doesn't work either. Thanks for your help...I think I will just give up for now.
Jen

Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:52 am

jules wrote:so this is not your data
If you are talking about 2004 date...it's imported sample patient. Have a look under Add reminders on screen.
ant time is in Europe/Germany time zone.

janp

Post by janp » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Gregor wrote:what dates are not correct? in EP there is sample patient with date 2004, if you are talking about clock...well I'm in different time zone
Of course other programs will run with correct database privileges, EP should create own database, then other software should create another one.
So if you want to use with other software...you have to reinstall or recreate database.

Gregor,

I'm waiting for my laptop with Vista 64 to be delivered ... so I've been trying to follow everything regarding EP and Vista 64 (holding my breath all the time).

I'm hoping that you get an overwhelming positive response to your approach.

I am curious however ... in the last sentence of the above quote, are you saying that anytime I would want to run a browser for example,Skype or even the Analyzer ... I'd have to go through a reinstall of the EP database in order to use EP?

Thanks for your effort in trying to resolve the EP/Vista 64 issue!!!

Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:19 pm

janp wrote: I am curious however ... in the last sentence of the above quote, are you saying that anytime I would want to run a browser for example,Skype or even the Analyzer ... I'd have to go through a reinstall of the EP database in order to use EP?

Thanks for your effort in trying to resolve the EP/Vista 64 issue!!!
Hi, no my mistake in all my minds in sentence. When you got installed EP with fresh base, and you want another software to installe which are using sql as well as database you don't have to do anything, just install.Soft will create another database and will use it.
If you have previously installed any other software (lets call it XX) which are using SQL, then installing EP, you have to remove all previously installed SQL servers. Then you have to recreate database for XX, or reinstall XX.

By the way skype, or browser doesn't use SQL. ONLY programs which are using SQL database, to be honest with you no single regular home PC user will use SQL server. Just some specific types of software.

I like challenges like running software on 64bit platfor especially software which are not designed to run on 64bit, or peoples reporting it doesn't work at all.
Was exactly same situation with Sonic Stage from Sony for my wife mp3 player, and another software from Sony to use with camera. Both doesn't work under 64bit ... period

If it's more understandable.

Last edited by Gregor on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.