I cured my Sinus infection naturally!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SheZAAM!

I cured my Sinus infection naturally!

Post by SheZAAM! » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:35 pm

I had a bad cold for 8 days with a lot of congestion and coughing. The congestion necessitated the FFM, but the coughing just made it miserable. So, between 12 hour Claritin that lasted 8 hours and blasting my nose with a bulb syringe and salt water, I was able to sleep with my Swift mask.

Then....just when I thought the cold was gone, in comes a sinus infection. This time, no congestion, just pain on my left nostril. Since it was Dec. 30 and we were changing insurance companies on Jan. 1 and I had no desire to sit in a Dr's office, I started researching natural remedies for sinus infections.

Voila!!! Apple Cider Vinegar, honey and warm water cured me! I read online about people mixing 2T ACV, 1T honey (warm) and 10-12 oz. warm water in a glass. It was nasty and I had to hold my nose to get it down. The website recommended drinking it over 20-30 minutes, which is about how long it took me to be able to choke it down. I drank it the evening of the 30th around 7pm. The next morning my pain was 90% gone. That afternoon I drank another glass and my pain is now completely gone. No antibiotics for me. Yay!!!

kteague

Re: I cured my Sinus infection naturally!

Post by kteague » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 am

Sinus infections can be absolutely miserable. Glad you found something to help yours. If you have a problem again, let us know if it works a second time for you.

At first I thought you were going to say you flushed your sinuses with the mixture. Was relieved to read you drank it. I'm not sure how the honey and vinegar is beneficial, although my mother used them both regularly just in her normal eating. She would drizzle vinegar over her cooked spinach. I wonder if the vinegar changes the pH in the mouth and throat in a way that makes it difficult for some harmful organisms to thrive. At any rate, glad you're feeling better.

Kathy

SheZAAM!

Post by SheZAAM! » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:38 am

I don't think it's the honey that does much other than make the mix a little more tolerable. I've heard that a capful of vinegar can dull your appetite, thus making you eat less and loose weight. Didn't work for me, but it cured my sinus infection.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:46 am

But vinegar is acid by any other name, and so many of us have GERD, and I'd be very careful following that remedy if I were you! It's normally touted all over alternative health sites as a cure for just about anything (you have to see it to believe it!) but I would never dare to try it.

DannyP

Post by DannyP » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:13 pm

After having a severe Sinus infection last year and Three rounds of Antibotics I started using the Apple Cider and Honey Remedy with Great results for the Sinus Infections. I also have Gerd and the apple cider vinegar has yet to effect My Gerd Symptoms. No more antibotics for me either. Apple cider Vinegar and Honey also have other Healthful effects on the Body.

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Julie wrote:But vinegar is acid by any other name, and so many of us have GERD, and I'd be very careful following that remedy if I were you!
Oh, come on. Stomach acid has a pH of 1, which is really low. Acetic acid, the acid in vinegar, is very weak. A tablespoon of this stuff is not going to lower the pH in your system by any appreciable amount.

bearcatx16

Post by bearcatx16 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:40 pm

There's "Jogn in a Jug" that is used by some that may have some of the same ingredients. It's a little pricey for me so I use the ACV, locally raised raw honey and cranberry juice. Does it work, I don't know, I just like it but I also like eating raw lemons.

Fred
In the game of Life there is no two minute warning, just sudden death then judgment............Paraphrase Heb. 9:27 NIV
Not sure you believe in God.....just don't die.