Nasal: FlexiFit HC407 to HC406 to Zest

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DJ_Boxer

Nasal: FlexiFit HC407 to HC406 to Zest

Post by DJ_Boxer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:20 am

When I was given my machine and mask by my DME I was given an HC407 but the headgear has been too big for my head(no matter how tight it isi loose. I used the CPAP.com measuring guide and it suggested the HC406. I was wondering what size of the Zest would I get if I wanted to have it not be too small for me but give me the right size headgear: the Zest: "one size fits most" or the "petite". I would like to know so I can order it and have it tested before I see my Doc after Xmas this year.

DJ
"Embrace your dreams"- Angeal Hewley

KatieW

Re: Nasal: FlexiFit HC407 to HC406 to Zest

Post by KatieW » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:45 am

I also had a problem with headgear being too big for my head. I really like the PapCap Plus.

http://www.pur-sleep.com/products/prodD ... rch=&page=

Here's a link to discussion of masks used with the PapCap Plus:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46947&p=422951&hili ... ks#p422951

DJ_Boxer

Post by DJ_Boxer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks KatieW, I'll keep that chinstrap in mind, but I am talking about purchasing the Fisher and Paykel Zest to replace the HC407 and was wondering about the difference between the Zest Petite and the Zest One Size Fits Most models compared to the fitting of the HC406.

DJ

atruvirgo

Post by atruvirgo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:48 pm

I have a 406 and a 407. WHat is the difference between those and the Zest. From the pictures on CPAP.com I am not seeing a difference.

Debbie
Debbie/Atruvirgo/Armynavyx3
Proud Mom of 1 Navy & 2 Army Kids
Nana to 5 lil darlings!

Life is Grand!!

DJ_Boxer

Post by DJ_Boxer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 am

atruvirgo wrote:I have a 406 and a 407. WHat is the difference between those and the Zest. From the pictures on CPAP.com I am not seeing a difference.

Debbie
So Debbie: what you are saying is that the One Size Fits Most Zest is the same size as the HC407 and the Petite is the same size as the HC406 and therefore the Plus would be bigger than the HC407; and since the 407 Headgear is too big for my head then I should order the Zest in the Petite Size?

DJ

atruvirgo

Post by atruvirgo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:35 pm

DJ_Boxer wrote:
atruvirgo wrote:I have a 406 and a 407. WHat is the difference between those and the Zest. From the pictures on CPAP.com I am not seeing a difference.

Debbie
So Debbie: what you are saying is that the One Size Fits Most Zest is the same size as the HC407 and the Petite is the same size as the HC406 and therefore the Plus would be bigger than the HC407; and since the 407 Headgear is too big for my head then I should order the Zest in the Petite Size?

DJ
Actually what I was asking is if you knew the difference between the 406 and 407 from the Zest. I personally wasn;t able to see the difference in the masks.
Nana to 5 lil darlings!

Life is Grand!!

DJ_Boxer

Post by DJ_Boxer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:35 am

Sorry Debbie for the miscommunication I have had a few nights bad nights recently where I haven't slept well(luckily few and far between). Well one difference that I noted was that the Exhalation Port is no longer on the elbow it is on the mask: just over the bridge of the nose (like the 431 & 432 FFM's), and the Silicone Seal is put in a different way because it is a different fitting.

I know the Mask-Base Size is differerent per size vis-a-vis the Zest, but the main question remains: Is it one headgear fits them all (Insert One Ring Poem).

DJ

Irene P.

Post by Irene P. » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:39 pm

I looked on the cpap.com website, and they only show one size of headgear for the nasal masks. I looked under replacement headgear because that's where I found a smaller headgear for my Resmed Quattro.

twokatmew

Post by twokatmew » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:09 pm

DJ_Boxer wrote:When I was given my machine and mask by my DME I was given an HC407 but the headgear has been too big for my head(no matter how tight it isi loose. I used the CPAP.com measuring guide and it suggested the HC406. I was wondering what size of the Zest would I get if I wanted to have it not be too small for me but give me the right size headgear: the Zest: "one size fits most" or the "petite". I would like to know so I can order it and have it tested before I see my Doc after Xmas this year.
DJ, I used the FlexiFit 406 for the first few months of xPAP and still use it on occasion. I've also tried both the Zest Petite and the Zest "one size fits most." If the 406 fits you well, you definitely want the Zest Petite. The frames are very similar, and even though the part numbers are different, the gray foam insert is the same on the 406 and Zest Petite. Both headgears are smaller than their 407 and "one size" counterparts. The Zest "one size" comes with much larger headgear, and the frame and cushion were way too big for me. If the 407 fits you, then you definitely want the Zest "one size fits all." Last time I looked, you can buy the 406 headgear separately, but the separate headgear for the Zest is not the petite size. It's the larger "one size fits most."

I found I had slightly less leakage with the Zest Petite than I do with the 406, but the ZP exhaust is not nearly as quiet as the 406.

I could easily wear either the 406 or the Zest Petite. The main differences are the placement of the exhaust and how the seal grabs onto the frame.

In short, if the 407 fits you and you just want smaller headgear for it, buy the petite headgear for the 406. The headgears will work on any of the masks.

Hope this helps.

atruvirgo

Post by atruvirgo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Irene P. wrote:I looked on the cpap.com website, and they only show one size of headgear for the nasal masks. I looked under replacement headgear because that's where I found a smaller headgear for my Resmed Quattro.
I have a very petite head and I use the 406 headgear. I use it with the 405 mask on occasion and on my small Soyala. Soyala by far is the best mask I have ever tried. It fits really well on a petite face. I have also taken one of my 406 headgears and shortened it up so that the strap at the lower part of my head doesn't sit on my neck but above it. I just cut out about 3/4" of strap and stitched it back together. It is the perfect fit now.

Debbie
Nana to 5 lil darlings!

Life is Grand!!

DJ_Boxer

Post by DJ_Boxer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:18 am

I just want to say thanks for the info about the masks and headgear. I ordered a Zest "One Size Fits Most" and should get it either Friday, Saturday, Monday, or Tuesday. I'll let everyone know how my numbers go with that as I change from my auto range of 9-13 to 10 to 14 because of last night. (90% I was at 13cm will show numbers in a new thread.

DJ

westhero

вопрос не в тему

Post by westhero » Tue May 25, 2010 10:43 pm

ненуно!

mosttrader

вопрос сразу в тему

Post by mosttrader » Wed May 26, 2010 9:55 am

знаю что вроде прикольный

besthero

вопрос сразу в тему

Post by besthero » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Ваша мысль пригодится

westtrader

вопрос не в тему

Post by westtrader » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:22 am

Я считаю, что тема весьма интересна. Предлагаю Вам это обсудить здесь или в PM.