Suggestions...PLEASE!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
whatrdreamsmadeof

Suggestions...PLEASE!

Post by whatrdreamsmadeof » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:04 pm

After almost 4 years of 100 percent compliance and 27 masks, I am finally admitting to myself, I NEED a full face mask. For the past few days I have been trying the Resmed Quatro and in spite of the good seal I'm getting the bridge of my nose is raw. I have tried every concieveable fix with the headgear and swivel knob on this mask. I have a small face so I am wondering if you folks could suggest a full face mask for me to try? The Resmed Comfort FF (the original) was way too heavy for me that is the only other one I tried a few years ago. Please those of you folks out there that wear a ff, send me your experiences and recommendations.
Thanks much I'm getting discouraged and going broke!
Ellen

DreamStalker

Re: Suggestions...PLEASE!

Post by DreamStalker » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:12 pm

Hang in there Ellen. I don't use FF masks myself but maybe this thread could help you out ...

viewtopic/t38116/viewtopic.php?p=333159#p333159

Also, when I was trialing FF masks ... the F&P 432 had a foam cushion that helped to fit the contours of the face a little better than the UMFF mask (similar to Quattro).
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:35 pm

If the Quatro gives you a good seal, maybe all you need is padacheek's nose bridge protector. Have you given that a try?

http://www.padacheek.com/PAC_Nosebridge.html

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Try the resmed ultra mirage ffm. It did make my nose sore for a little while then it improved. I find it more comfortable than the quattro. I also recommend pad a cheek protectors if changing to the ultra mirage does not help the nose.
Jen

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm

whatrdreamsmadeof wrote:After almost 4 years of 100 percent compliance and 27 masks, I am finally admitting to myself, I NEED a full face mask. For the past few days I have been trying the Resmed Quatro and in spite of the good seal I'm getting the bridge of my nose is raw. I have tried every concieveable fix with the headgear and swivel knob on this mask. I have a small face so I am wondering if you folks could suggest a full face mask for me to try? The Resmed Comfort FF (the original) was way too heavy for me that is the only other one I tried a few years ago. Please those of you folks out there that wear a ff, send me your experiences and recommendations.
Thanks much I'm getting discouraged and going broke!
Ellen
Ellen,

That part tells me that it's way too tight. Those masks actually need to be somewhat loose to seal better. And, have you done the "Teflon tape fix" to the elbow that goes in the front of the mask? If you don't, it can feel like it's leaking everywhere. I wear my top straps VERY loose and the forehead support all the way "out"......knob turned all the way to the right......any tension is only on the bottom straps.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Lee Lee

Post by Lee Lee » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:24 pm

My face is pretty small.
I wear an Acitva most of the time, but when I need a FFM, I use the FP HC 432. The foam insert does indeed work well for the smaller face. I actually have a large, because it seemed to me it ran small.
I do like it, and didn't have to fight with it very much!
All the best to you. I know how frustrating it is to find "the one"...or any one for that matter!

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:32 pm

Hybrid mask. (Is there really a compelling reason you "NEED a full face mask"?)

If so:
Moleskin.
Bandaid vertically on nosebridge.
Lanisoh on nose, then loosen headgear appropriately.

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

whatrdreamsmadeof

Post by whatrdreamsmadeof » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Thank you all for your great advice. To answer the question of why I need a ff mask, it's because I have sinus issues and asthma, so when I feel that I cannot get enough air, I open my mouth and gasp to get a breath. I have a good fit with my Fisher Paykal Flex Fit with the gray foam insert, it's not the FF but maybe the Flex Fit FF will work or the Pad-a-cheek fix.
Again my thanks to all!

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:11 am

Check out the Hybrid. It allows you to breathe thru BOTH mouth and nose, but doesn't come near your nose bridge.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage.php?PNum=2204&PAID=301

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...