encore pro and encore viewer do not work with vista 64bit

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
reefdreamer

encore pro and encore viewer do not work with vista 64bit

Post by reefdreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 am

Just thought I would post this to make it clear to everyone who is trying to solve this dilema. According to respironics support staff encore pro all versions and encore viewer DO NOT work with vista 64 bit operating systems. They are working on getting a program to work with vista 64bit. So I guess we will just have to wait around and use old computers to get our results.
Jen

rested gal

Re: encore pro and encore viewer do not work with vista 64bit

Post by rested gal » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:00 am

Thanks, Jen. You got it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Good to know that.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:09 am

They could just double the price of the program and market it installed on a used computer, that way they wouldn't have to learn anything new about programming. Somewhere in China, they have a seven year old programmer, trying to understand the current version's code.

I don't think straight from the Horses Mouth is the correct end, I'd guess a little south of that! Jim

News Flash: It may take a little longer than the six month that's already been wasted, as the young programmer has also been given the task of repairing the firmware in the "M'eries so it can store data for seven days, without forgetting where it put it.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:19 am

Yes, someday they will write it for a 64 bit program but anyone have a clue how us poor end users can get a copy since they desided that we are to dangerious to have a copy. When that happens will Pro analizer still work on a 64 bit system??? Don't hold your breath until you are able to get it. MAYBE a 64 bit Viewer crumb.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

julieanne

Post by julieanne » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:56 pm

I had no idea until last night (when I found this board) that it was possible to read the card. I was told that it was for the doctor, but a follow up appointment was never mentioned. I haven't been back since I had my study in Jan. of 2007.

Anyway, my question is this: My main computer has Vista, but I still have my old laptop with XP. Is there a chance that this new program would come out soon, or should I just go ahead and buy the current program/reader and plug it up to my old computer (which works, but makes a horribly obnoxious whirring sound)?

reefdreamer

Post by reefdreamer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:32 pm

I finally got it to work with vista 64bit like on this post....viewtopic/t40234/How-to-run-EP-under-Vi ... ution.html