Mayo Clinic Sleep Apnea Store bills Medicare & Private Ins.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JoyD.

Mayo Clinic Sleep Apnea Store bills Medicare & Private Ins.

Post by JoyD. » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:43 pm

I just wanted to share that I've been ordering from the Mayo Clinic Store that sells CPAP equipment and supplies. I call their 800 number and place my orders. The people have been very nice and knowledgeable. They carry the most popular masks . . . even the Aeomed Headrest! And, yes, even a "tennis ball tee shirt" to keep you off your back!

I am over 65 and have Medicare as my primary insurer and United Healthcare as my secondary. The Mayo clinic store has no problem billing Medicare for me. They have very user-friendly information regarding Medicare guidelines for ordering, and information on private health insurance as well.

Here is their excellent & informative online catalog with phone number for ordering:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/mcitems/mc120 ... 234-60.pdf

Hope this is useful to other senior & private insurance CPAPers out there.

Joy

Additional Comments: CPAP Pr 13.8; EPR:3 Full; Heated Hose; Nexcare blue mouth-tape; PurSleep Buckwheat Hull Pillow; Caldera Releaf Collar.
Other Accessories & Software: Wellue O2 Ring; OSCAR; SleepHQ Pro.

rosiefrosie

Re: Mayo Clinic Sleep Apnea Store bills Medicare & Private Ins.

Post by rosiefrosie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:50 pm

They sure are pricey!

rosie

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:52 pm

I thought they were very pricey as well!!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

ScrappinMom

Post by ScrappinMom » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:00 pm

For Medicare patients, the "list" price is irrelevant. Joy, I'm glad you found someone that is nice and knowledgable, and also files Medicare! That's great! Thanks for sharing.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:33 pm

I can PERSONALLY vouch for the Mayo Clinic CPAP Shop. I was at Mayo earlier this year and forgot my Simplicity mask. Bob Schumacher, the shop manager was wonderful and a tremendous help. He spent a great deal of time working w/me and my VPAP Auto in Spontaneous mode testing the various Ti Max, Ti Min and Rise Time settings to try to find a comfortable adjustment and setting for me in Spontaneous mode. He really knows his "stuff" when it comes to the various brand and model CPAPs and their capabilities and "comfort settings". They often have sterilized used masks from their sleep center they can offer dummies such as myself who left home and arrived at Mayo w/o their mask.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

JoyD.

Post by JoyD. » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi again -

Regarding those who commented on the prices at the Mayo Clinic Store, mind you this is not a discount online business! They are like a DME - and so their prices will be higher. Like them, THEY FILE FOR MEDICARE AND INSURANCE, so the cost to the patient is minimal (nothing for me since I have a secondary insurer) . . . as mentioned by Slinky and Scrappin Mom.

Also, THEY ARE ACTUALLY NON-PROFIT . . . because 100% of their earnings goes directly to research and education at Mayo Clinic. That in itself makes me want to support them rather than my local DME.

Joy

Additional Comments: CPAP Pr 13.8; EPR:3 Full; Heated Hose; Nexcare blue mouth-tape; PurSleep Buckwheat Hull Pillow; Caldera Releaf Collar.
Other Accessories & Software: Wellue O2 Ring; OSCAR; SleepHQ Pro.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:43 pm

I KNEW THAT! Color me red-faced, JoyD. I forgot all about the Mayo CPAP Shop being non-profit and all their profits going to research. I'm an avid Mayo Clinic fan and tout the wonderful care and diagnosing my family and I have received there thru the years at every opportunity - and then didn't think to mention the shop being non-proft and the earnings for research. 40 lashs w/a wet noodle for me!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.