WILMA ??? U FINK

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Barnaby

WILMA ??? U FINK

Post by Barnaby » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:48 pm

Yeah I was one of the dudes with no phone or power for 10 days
That means I went 10 days without therapy. Now that I am back on the machine I have to wait to see results after a couple of nites... I am now on a VPAP and the dry throat and lmouthare not evident. Somehow IO find that the bblowerat a reduced level keeps putting out a low volume of air even 30 minutes after turn off. Cant stop it unless I hit power switch on back. I am waiting for RT to come over Monday 11/7. She said on the phone it was normal..what a liar !

Barnaby

"He's not heavy..he is my brother" - Shriners Creed

LDuyer

Re: WILMA ??? U FINK

Post by LDuyer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:22 pm

Barnaby wrote::x Yeah I was one of the dudes with no phone or power for 10 days

Barnaby
NO PHONE OR POWER FOR 10 DAYS?!?!?!?

Calm down, Linda. .......
Just the thought of that makes my heart race!
No internet? No ice cream? No phone with good reception?
No television? No DVDs? No CDs?
.....oh, and no cpap?
Life is cruel!

Hope you are ok and that things are back to normal.

Linda

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:22 pm

I am really just exhausted... but okay otherwise.. Don't know if this area will be able to get back to normal.... if ever. we will do our best.
WE SHALL SURVIVE !!!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:44 pm

Barnaby,

Glad to have you back with us. Be glad as my parents still have no phone service other than their cell phone. But they got their electric back much sooner than you. I can't believe they still don't have phone service yet, though.

I think those 10 days probably made you appreciate your bipap machine more, no?

L o R i

elliejose

Post by elliejose » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:01 pm

Barnaby,

Congratulations on having power back!
I have relatives in Margate, Boca, Ft Lauderdale and Stuart. Ones in Boca and Margate still don't have power. Haven't talked to one in Ft Lauderdale in several days so I don't know about him. Nephew in Stuart works for FPL so I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that they are the only ones I know that have power or if it is just because of their location. How in the world did you manage without pap for that long???

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): Power

Josie

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:36 pm

Fortunately I didnt see difference without the vpap. It does seem that I am more tired now that I am back on it... It maybe that the stress of the 10 days are resulting in a form of exhaustion. It was not as bad as last year since we have had less humidity and lower temps for this season's storm than last year . I has just started the switch from a cpap to the vpap and cant really make a comparison at this time...

Barnaby

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:40 pm

[quote="elliejose"]Barnaby,

Congratulations on having power back!
I have relatives in Margate, Boca, Ft Lauderdale and Stuart. Ones in Boca and Margate still don't have power. Haven't talked to one in Ft Lauderdale in several days so I don't know about him. Nephew in Stuart works for FPL so I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that they are the only ones I know that have power or if it is just because of their location. How in the world did you manage without pap for that long???

_by scrounging for ice"________________

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): Power

The man working for FPL???? the last thing the company wants is to be cited for favoring the workers...her just happnmes to be on the grid that was restored...the company says " no favoritism"

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:50 pm

Wow, Barnaby...that long without power had to be rough for you!
Somehow IO find that the bblowerat a reduced level keeps putting out a low volume of air even 30 minutes after turn off. Cant stop it unless I hit power switch on back.
I think the continued soft blowing of the machine even after you've turned it off with the button on top is normal. The three ResMed machines I've used (two were VPAP III's) did that. An explanation is mentioned here:

Oct 29 2005 subject: Autopap Spirit Questions

lindas88

Re: WILMA ??? U FINK

Post by lindas88 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:33 pm

LDuyer wrote:Calm down, Linda. .......
Just the thought of that makes my heart race!
No internet? No ice cream? No phone with good reception?
No television? No DVDs? No CDs?
.....oh, and no cpap?
Life is cruel!

Linda
hey Linda...you could still have ice cream....it's just that you may have to drink it...LOL

*** Linda ***

Barnaby

Post by Barnaby » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:49 pm

rested gal wrote:Wow, Barnaby...that long without power had to be rough for you!
Somehow IO find that the bblowerat a reduced level keeps putting out a low volume of air even 30 minutes after turn off. Cant stop it unless I hit power switch on back.
I think the continued soft blowing of the machine even after you've turned it off with the button on top is normal. The three ResMed machines I've used (two were VPAP III's) did that. An explanation is mentioned here:

Oct 29 2005 subject: Autopap Spirit Questions

Hey RG....why did you need to try 3 res med machines??? Thats a winner !
And what area do you live??
Barnaby

"He's not heavy..he is my brother" - Shriners Creed

garyland

Post by garyland » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Hi All,
I live in Deerfield Beach, FL. I am just below Boca Raton. I was without cable and electric for about 8 days. I am done with these damn hurricanes. In April I am moving up north after living here for 20 years. So are my 86 year old parents. I am gettin' out while I can still get good value for my house. Starting next year I will have to pay over $3000 per year to Citizens Property for wind storm protection for the luxury of living east of I-95. And that has nothing to do with my home owners insurance. I will not live in an area where you have to deal with FEMA, insurance companies and contractors for over a year. GOOD RIDDANCE!

Gary

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:25 pm

Hi Barnaby. I'm in Tennessee.

I didn't really need to try them. Just wanted to. Bought two of them really cheap from other message board acquaintances and was loaned the VPAP III ST-A by another message board friend. Gave the Spirit away to someone who really needed a machine. The regular VPAP III is off "visiting". The VPAP III ST-A went back to its owner.

A crazy hobby, one might say...my penchant for trying out so many masks and machines!

Actually, the cheapest straight CPAP in the world, set at 9, would treat me fine.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:48 pm

[quote="rested gal"]A crazy hobby, one might say...my penchant for trying out so many masks and machines!

And then we have men like DSM who buys them and takes them apart to see how they "tick." We have quite the variety of talents/interests on the site, don't you think?

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:49 pm

Getting guested again (that was me above).
L o R i

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:26 pm

I was without power for 8 days. Needless to say it was very poor sleep during that time.

The only good thing about it was we had a cold front down here for the whole time, so no sweltering heat.