Humidifier Problem

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:22 am

I can't relate to this discussion. The "hood" opens on my 3i humidifier and I remove the water chamber. I pour out any remaining water each morning and replace the chamber, leaving the hood up. By evening any water droplets have evaporated.

I remove it at night and hold it over the basin to fill it.

Last edited by i_am_jim on Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed airsense10 w/integrated Humidifier
ResMed Mirage Swift Lt Pillow System

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:59 pm

I remove the water resivior from the machine. I then fill my tank where the hose attaches to the water resivoir.

The more you take the plastic pieces apart the more you have problems with the resivior sealing properly.

Not all Masks work for everyone. Each Person is Different.

dsm

Post by dsm » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:30 pm

lindas88 wrote:
<snip>
The 2i looks more prone to problems if pulled apart repeatedly.
dsm....what makes you think this? Do you think the problem is with the rubber piece? Or maybe the clips at the side?

<snip>
Removing & replacing that seal is one of the problems. The effort to pull this unit apart can be another problem. They are not exactly easy to pull apart & it is not hard to see people dropping one or both halves while doing so. But that said, It is not enough to put me off owning one, just that I would be extra carefull in the way I handle it & the times I pull it apart for a full clean.

Cheers

DSM

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): seal, clean

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

inacpapfog

Post by inacpapfog » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:42 pm

You're exactly right, dsm! I make it a point to be extra careful when handling my humidifier! Those plastic clips would oh so easy to break, as would the chambers themselves! Even when pulling off/ replacing the rubber seal for washing, I take time to be sure its seated correctly before trying to clip the unit shut. So far, in a years time, no problems!

lindas88

Post by lindas88 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:22 pm

i_am_jim wrote:I can't relate to this discussion. The "hood" opens on my 3i humidifier and I remove the water chamber. I pour out any remaining water each morning and replace the chamber, leaving the hood up. By evening any water droplets have evaporated.

I remove it at night and hold it over the basin to fill it.

The 3i humidifier looks much easier to use....

*** Linda ***