Somebody stop me please.....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yawn

Somebody stop me please.....

Post by yawn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:57 pm

Help! I've got the munchies!! I can't stop eating. I've been "STARVING" since about 4:00....now I'm full and still want to keep eating...
Any advice?

Amy

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:01 pm

Yes, you are craving something, mineral or otherwise. Usually if I eat a little bit of the forbidden fruit, in my case chocolate, I arrest that urge. A good hint for you, go screw up your taste buds by putting Vics in your nose or something similiar. Also, drink as much water as you can without throwing up so theres no room.

Good luck and remember, if you fall off a horse, get right back up and keep riding, you will still get to your destination.

tlc95066

Post by tlc95066 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:09 pm

I use soda water (the kind with bubbles in it) with flavoring to help. Otherwise i will try some soy beans with a little salt. I like crunchy salty things! I recently found something called True Lemon that you can add to water, I get tired of just plain water. This is just crystallized lemon, no sugar or sweetners added. You can find it at http://www.truelemon.com

If all else fails just go ahead and have a cookie (or whatever you are craving). I don't like to deprive myself of a cookie now and then.
Good luck!
Teri

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

yellowcason

Post by yellowcason » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:27 pm

a chocolate craving means that you need magnesium...just a tidbit for you

DaLadyKazan

Post by DaLadyKazan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:33 pm

I know the feeling Amy, I feel your pain! I have been trying to drink water but I still slip.........it is soooo hard sometimes! I recently quit smoking and you can't believe what it did to my appetite!

Good Luck!
Da

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:49 pm

Amy,

It's no substitute for munchie foods, but water with lemon OR just keep eating good things, like carrots, fresh brocoli, make a salad and just use a little lemon and olive oil, cut up an apple or an orange. How about a juicy pomegranite? My old Weight Watchers trick was nuked brussell sprouts covered in salsa. Both were considered unlimited back when exchanges were how they did WW, and it was hot and satisfying.

There are SO many things you can eat without blowing it. Do you think it has to do with you finally feeling better and maybe getting an appetite back? And when all else fails, go put on your sneakers and take a nice walk around the block. It should tire you out about now, this late in the evening, and you won't be thinking of food, rather time for bed. OR my favorite substitute for eating, S H O P P I N G at the mall!!!! YIPPEE!!!! Just stay away from the food court.

Good luck!!!!
L o R i

yawn

Post by yawn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:54 pm

Thanks eveybody!! I really appreciate all the suggestions. R&R..vicks??? I don't think I'm that desperate but maybe I can find some gum (sugar free of course).

I am one of those "all or nothing" kind of gals. I can't eat just one cookie...that just opens the flood gates. What I can do is eat a package of cookies that only have 100 calories. They're more like cookie chips. I can eat the entire package and not feel guilty because it's only 100 calories. It surprises me that this works for me but it really does.

For chocolate cravings, I eat a Healthy Choice fudge bar. They are really good and are only 90 calories. I LOVE ICE-CREAM!! and these fudge bars really help with that. I also don't allow any other ice-cream in the house.

Finally...water...my best friend. I drink tons of water and luckily for me, I really like it!!!

Thanks everybody!!! I really appreciate your advice.

Amy

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:03 pm

One really great suggestion would be, grab your husband, go inside, lock the door and rather than ingest some calories, burn some off!
L o R i

yawn

Post by yawn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:21 pm

Sleepless on LI wrote: My old Weight Watchers trick was nuked brussell sprouts covered in salsa.
Sorry Lori but that's just disgusting..IMHO...brussel sprouts??!!
Do you think it has to do with you finally feeling better and maybe getting an appetite back?
I wondered about that too. My stomach is still a mess but this is the first time in 3 weeks that I've really wanted to eat. Maybe I'm making up for "lost time".
OR my favorite substitute for eating, S H O P P I N G at the mall!!!! YIPPEE!!!!
I know you don't like me to talk about how big I am, but shopping (at my size) is not fun...it's depressing. I long for the days when I will enjoy shopping

Maybe I'll just keep my fingers busy with quilting. Plus bedtime isn't too far off. Maybe tomorrow will be easier.

Amy

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:43 pm

Don't knock the Vicks! I makes your taste buds numb and you lose the cravings.

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:16 pm

Amy,

I hear you about not enjoying to shop for clothes when you want to lose weight. Been there, done that. But there's always the home stores (my favorite!) or places like Bath & Body Works, or makeup stores like Ulta...oh, the possibilities are endless. I know, spoken like a true Long Island woman. When my daughter was a baby, my sister and I used to joke about getting her a T-shirt to wear in the stroller, because we were always dragging her around shopping, that said, "Shopper In Training." I think that is maybe why she didn't like the mall or shopping until recently. Now I'm in big trouble.
L o R i

tomjax

wrong forum

Post by tomjax » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:09 am

Sleepless on LI wrote:One really great suggestion would be, grab your husband, go inside, lock the door and rather than ingest some calories, burn some off!
S L/I- this is the wrong forum for such!!!

You need to go to the kinky love starved lounge with such thoughts. This is for serious people and PAP problems.
Or IM me and I can tell you about last night when the power went off for about 2 hours. I was real worried about my PAP without power, but managed to get my mind off it.

WAFlowers

Re: wrong forum

Post by WAFlowers » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:15 am

tomjax wrote:Or IM me and I can tell you about last night when the power went off for about 2 hours. I was real worried about my PAP without power, but managed to get my mind off it.
You devil, you !

The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:41 am

tomjax wrote:
Sleepless on LI wrote:One really great suggestion would be, grab your husband, go inside, lock the door and rather than ingest some calories, burn some off!
S L/I- this is the wrong forum for such!!!

You need to go to the kinky love starved lounge with such thoughts. This is for serious people and PAP problems.
Or IM me and I can tell you about last night when the power went off for about 2 hours. I was real worried about my PAP without power, but managed to get my mind off it.
LOL - didn't even have me going for one second. I was just waiting to see where it went. By the way, love the last smiley on that one.

And, Bill, aren't you proud of me? I finally didn't fall for something. Maybe my therapy is working better lately...

L o R i

WAFlowers

Post by WAFlowers » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:49 am

Sleepless on LI wrote:And, Bill, aren't you proud of me? I finally didn't fall for something. Maybe my therapy is working better lately...
Wonderful Lori! Now if you can finally throw off that cold and get a good nights sleep again ...
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers