Side sleeping with Quattro FX

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mdintx

Re: Side sleeping with Quattro FX

Post by mdintx » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks for all your suggestions. Unfortunately, this mask is not going to work for me. It injures the right side of my nose even when using a barrier. I think I'm going to have to work at making the Quattro my FFM.

standke

Post by standke » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:12 am

mars wrote:
I had to use a combination of three things to stop leaks in my quattro.

1. A feather pillow that adjusted to my head movements
2. The right tension
3. A trimmed beard

Good luck

Mars

Hi Mars,

Last monday, 4th feb/13, I bought mine CPAP machine, Respironics M Series with humidifier and Quatro FX mask.

I read your post and would like to thank you. These tips save my night. Now I can move in the night and be a side sleeper, without leaks.

Standke
From Brazil

JamesW6175

Post by JamesW6175 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 am

I have the same mask, and the contour pillow has really helped me. I am a side and stomach sleeper & have the hose over the head board of the bed , which helps when I change positions. Have been a CPAPer since October of last year & it has been fun getting use to all this equipment. I use distilled water, and Walgreen baby wipes to clean the mask on a daily basis. I keep the mask on fairly tight , but it totally doesn't prevent some leaks when you shift around at night. Make sure you clean the silicone part of the mask & the inside of the mask on a daily schedule.