Protection of Bridge of Nose - New Product

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Y REM

Re: Protection of Bridge of Nose - New Product

Post by Y REM » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 pm

In the past whenever I saw bruises over the bridge of the nose I would just switch folks to a nasal pillow type mask. The problem is that won't work if they need a full face mask or don't like the pillows. I saw something the other day that looks like a cloth material but I have not had any patient feedback yet. Other than that, until these pads showed up I was stuck with the other things described here such as moleskin. A bit of good news I heard is that these new pads might be covered by insurance.

mdintx

Post by mdintx » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:15 am

Well, well...it appears our host will be selling this product after all (see new cpap.com product posting).

roster

Post by roster » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:40 am

mdintx wrote:Well, well...it appears our host will be selling this product after all (see new cpap.com product posting).
Good find. Thanks. It's at https://www.cpap.com/productpage/sequal ... e-pad.html

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

jucs

Post by jucs » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:43 am

I have figured one out that would work for everyone, is fast, no fussing, and disposable.

Now, if I could just get somone to manufacture it!?

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:59 pm

rooster wrote:
mdintx wrote:Well, well...it appears our host will be selling this product after all (see new cpap.com product posting).
Good find. Thanks. It's at https://www.cpap.com/productpage/sequal ... e-pad.html
Interesting. Before buying at a competitor's site, I contacted cpap.com and was told there was no plans to offer this product. I guess plans can change.

roster

Post by roster » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 am

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

foxhunter

Post by foxhunter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:31 am

A company called Sequal has a product too. It's a clearfoam piece which is somewhat tacky when applied. I tried it and it worked well. However, the second night the "tackiness " had worn off and it was hard to keep in place as I applied the mask unless i was flat on my back looking at the ceiling. They sell for $15 each which to my mind is way too much but maybe the price will be more sensible as they fully launch the product. They say each piece is good for approx one month.
I have moved to the Swift LT so no longer have a use for the product.
You can google the company name and get the phone number. The young lady who spoke with me was very helpful.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:35 pm

BTW, I'm using the Sleep Comfort Care Pad with my Activa LT Nasal mask. Trick I find is to first wash my face with mild soap and water, and then to also wash the pad , drying off face and pad, but not completely. Moisture helps the seal. Is a bit tricky to get it to stay in place, but once the mask is over it, its fine.

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Unfortunately my experience with the pad,
Comfort Care Pad, with my Quattro FFM has not been good. I still have a large red area and some new skin breakdown after using the pad. Also I'm having more problems with leaks, but it could be time for a new mask. In any case the pad doesn't seem to be helping reduce the irritation on the bridge of my nose. I can't use the nasal pillows per my doctor due to a high pressure, so I'm just gonna have to keep trying to get my nose cleared up (tired of hearing "what did you do to your nose?") with bandaids and moleskin.
Mary Z.

roster

Post by roster » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:49 pm

Mary Z wrote:Unfortunately my experience with the pad,
Comfort Care Pad, with my Quattro FFM has not been good. I still have a large red area and some new skin breakdown after using the pad. Also I'm having more problems with leaks, but it could be time for a new mask. In any case the pad doesn't seem to be helping reduce the irritation on the bridge of my nose. I can't use the nasal pillows per my doctor due to a high pressure, so I'm just gonna have to keep trying to get my nose cleared up (tired of hearing "what did you do to your nose?") with bandaids and moleskin.
Mary Z.
Ever considered a Hybrid mask? It is a full face mask that is used by some with high pressures and nothing touchs the bridge of your nose.

roster

Post by roster » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Bump. Anyone else tried them?

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:51 pm

Tried what? The Comfort Care Pad? Yes, I did. It didn't work for me. It made the mask leak more and I got red marks on my nose as always. One night I got a welt that was so bad that it put me out of commission for a couple of weeks.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

roster

Post by roster » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks SU. I saw your post of December 1.

mdintx

Post by mdintx » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:01 am

I got one as well. I tried it with the Mirage SoftGel but the seal gave after an hour. I'm gonna try it with some other masks that I have to see if it works any better.

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:37 am

Babette wrote: You might also experiment with cutting down a gel shoe insert.
I tried. It made me feel like a heel...

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...