Poll: cpap.com Gift Certificates

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Yes, I would purchase (or encourage friends or family to purchase for me) a Gift Certificate for use on cpap.com
53%
No, I wouldn't purchase (or request from others) a Gift Certificate for use on cpap.com
48%

Total votes: 80

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Johnny, I'd like to make a suggestion, if I may.

It occurred to me recently that it would be great if cpap.com offered Gift Certificates. With the holidays coming up, it'd be nice to be able to give (and even better to receive!) a GC to purchase items on cpap.com.

If it wouldn't be a logistical nightmare for you or your staff to implement such a program, I hope you'll consider the idea.

Thanks for everything you and your company already do for us hoseheads.

(Edited to create the poll, as Johnny suggested.)
Last edited by BleepingBeauty on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

johnnygoodman

Re: A Suggestion for cpap.com - Attn: Johnny

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Howdy,

Bleeping, can you turn this thread into a poll? A poll question like "I absolutely, for sure, here's my $50 would buy a gift certificate from CPAP.com if I could" or with similar bluntness would be best. I've heard this suggestion before, but each time is seems to die out for lack of volume.

The honest answer is: I'm a business, so I'll go through the pains of implementing it if I can make more than it costs.

Johnny

drj130

Re: Poll: cpap.com Gift Certificates

Post by drj130 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:23 pm

I'll just need to ensure I send the address to my family. I'm not sure if I told them yet about my fun filled nights of sleeping.

Look twice, save a life. You never know when you might see a motorcyclist.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 am

johnnygoodman wrote:Howdy,

Bleeping, can you turn this thread into a poll? A poll question like "I absolutely, for sure, here's my $50 would buy a gift certificate from CPAP.com if I could" or with similar bluntness would be best. I've heard this suggestion before, but each time is seems to die out for lack of volume.

The honest answer is: I'm a business, so I'll go through the pains of implementing it if I can make more than it costs.

Johnny
That seems to be the case this time, also.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

2flamingos

Post by 2flamingos » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:39 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:

Johnny
That seems to be the case this time, also.
I know - it's surprising that barely 10% of the folks that read this thread participated in the poll.

Old enough to know better

Karma is a Wonderful Thing.

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:43 am

2flamingos wrote:
I know - it's surprising that barely 10% of the folks that read this thread participated in the poll.
Its not that bad -- each time you look at a post, the "read" number grows -- now, how many times do you assume those who voted revisited, to view the results?

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

2flamingos

Post by 2flamingos » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:51 am

true enough ozij - I did not take that into account.

However, I find it difficult to believe that the 499 visits (as of my opening the thread) are mostly from the 48 people that have voted at this point.

Old enough to know better

Karma is a Wonderful Thing.

OldLincoln

Post by OldLincoln » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:28 pm

I am considering a different use of the gift cards, but need procedures put in place to make it happen. We often read about somebody who needs supplies but cannot afford them. Currently we have no mechanism to contribute to their need. However if those interested could purchase gift cards for the person's Forum name and be confident they would somehow get it - or notified that they have a credit amount at CPAP.com it solves a problem. While many of us cannot afford to purchase a mask for someone, we can afford a small gift card to go toward a mask.

That's my input but I have no idea what processes would be required. I'm sure CPAP.com doesn't want to deal with credit accounts but if we could get someone we trust to deal with it on the side, we might pull it off.
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet / F&P Simplex / DME: VA
It's going to be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end.

Demeter_Soul

Post by Demeter_Soul » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:43 am

I would be THRILLED to receive such gift cards!!!
I got a mask as my birthday gift, from my husband. Unfortunately...it didn't work for me...but I still got excited that I was getting it.
Now...if I could just find a bunch of people who'd want to pool for a gift for me...I'd ask for a spare bipap!

coldautumn

Post by coldautumn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:45 pm

I would really appreciate if I get a GC...
DDS Plano | Dental Killeen

thewetlizard

Post by thewetlizard » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 pm

I woundn't mind getting a gift card maybe I'll start wearing my cpap more often
stop the bull the cow is dead!

gasp

Post by gasp » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Johnny
So true Johnny. And most likely, even though I'd want a gift certificate, it's highly unlikely I'd get one. I get those stinkin' Barnes & Nobles, Starbucks, Home Depot, and more cards that I don't want. Sheesh. I just regift those, many times back to those who gave them to me : )