CPAP Wiki: Our Wisdom gets a Makeover

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
katherinefulmer

CPAP Wiki: Our Wisdom gets a Makeover

Post by katherinefulmer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:32 pm

As administrators our role is pretty basic. We provide you the tools to do your thing and we chime in only when we can be of help. We are now providing an additional tool, the CPAP Wiki, for our members to be better able to find definitions and materials.

The CPAP Wiki replaces the "Our Wisdom" section. We have heard many suggestions over the years on how to improve "Our Wisdom." You have sent many newbies to this resource, and many of you wanted to add content and edit what was there. However, there was not an easy way to do this with the old format of selected set articles.

We feel the CPAP wiki will help both newbies and CPAPtalk members wishing to contribute in a new way. A wiki is a collaborative encyclopedia, in which the community determines the content. We believe this aligns with the mission of CPAPtalk. With the CPAP Wiki everyone contributes by either adding selected CPAPtalk forum passages or new material to the encyclopedia format. The CPAP Wiki contains all of the articles from "Our Wisdom" - and now you are able to edit and add new content.

Do not worry, the CPAP Wiki won't replace our forum, but will allow new members and others to quickly locate definitions and articles. Everyone is different and learns and contributes in a different way. By enabling everyone in the community to edit the articles and add new content, the CPAP Wiki really becomes a more effective and representative "Our Wisdom."

The CPAP Wiki can be accessed through the light bulb icon that was formally the "Our Wisdom" section. You can edit and add articles to the CPAP Wiki at any time. Your collaboration and insight helps the community in a new way. Our new CPAP Wiki is found here:

CPAPtalk CPAP Wiki

Login with your CPAPtalk.com account. You will automatically have editing capabilities. To learn to navigate and edit the CPAP Wiki view our How to Guide YouTube Videos:

Welcome to the CPAPtalk.com CPAP Wiki Video

How to Edit a CPAP Wiki Page Video

You may start by reading the articles. Or, go ahead and dive right in by beginning to improve, add CPAPtalk posts or write your own articles by leveraging the information you have shared on the forum. Just like the forum, you do not have to register for a CPAPtalk account to be able to read the information. You only need one to edit.

This week we are featuring an article on Sleep Apnea by CPAPtalk member Mile High Sleeper.

You have made CPAPtalk a wonderful resource. We think the CPAP Wiki is a tool to continue to make CPAPtalk the go to place for CPAP education and support. We encourage you to share your knowledge and experience, and with a collaborative community effort your contributions will make it into an ever-evolving wealth of wisdom.

Best wishes,

Katherine Fulmer
CPAPtalk.com
Katherine Fulmer
Product Development Analyst
katherine.fulmer@cpaptalk.com

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. - Kurt Vonnegut

bdp522

Re: CPAP Wiki: Our Wisdom gets a Makeover

Post by bdp522 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:38 pm

I have to say this scared me. I'm not as computer literate as I should be. I was pleasantly surprised to find how easy it was to navigate the Wiki. I was also very happy to see that Our Wisdom was included in the Wiki. Thanks!

Brenda

Autopapdude

Post by Autopapdude » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Katherine, I think it looks great. It is extremely well-organized, and formatted. In one masked man's opinion, it is a huge improvement. The topics are set up logically and intuitively!

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Katherine I think its bloody marvelous, well done to all involved.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Katherine, It's going to take a little getting used to, but wow, it looks great. Thanks for taking the time to create the Wiki. I think its a wonderful idea.

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:36 pm

SUCCESS!
Sleep well and live better!

nomoore

Post by nomoore » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Wow! I think this could be GREAT! I already started adding a little info about different battery power options. There's a lot to do though.

araminta

Post by araminta » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Well done! I know this took an enormous amount of work to organize. Kudos to y'all.

Patzee
Location: Left my heart in Colorado; the rest of me is in the Southwest.

Post by Patzee » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Kudos! The CPAP Wiki is brilliant. Has a comfortable feel, super organization, everything easily and quickly accessable. Will be a terrific tool for all.

Patzee

CPAP user since May 2005.
Titrated pressure = 9. Current pressure = 13.4

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!" FDR

Rustyolddude

Post by Rustyolddude » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:04 am

Nice!!!!!!!!

SleepyT

Post by SleepyT » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:14 am

araminta wrote:Well done! I know this took an enormous amount of work to organize. Kudos to y'all.
my thoughts exactly! Bravo!

"Knowledge is power."

KatieW

Post by KatieW » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:01 am

Really great makeover, Katherine!

JimIllinois

Post by JimIllinois » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:43 pm

I am impressed!

I believe most message boards of this type operate on a shoestring budget as a labor of love for someone. CPAPTALK is truly an exception, leveraging all of the latest online communication tools to make this a positive and modern experience for everyone.

katherinefulmer

Post by katherinefulmer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback so far. We have definitely worked hard and will continue to work hard on this project. Nomoore, thank you for diving in and contributing to the CPAP: Power Options Page. I added a few things, too. You're right though- there's a lot of opportunity here for others to pitch in, too. Check out what he's put together so far:

wiki/index.php/Category:Power_Options#I ... dapters.29

Again thank you so much for being open to this change to the 'Our Wisdom' section. I think if we all embrace it as a labor of love, the Wiki can really improve the foggyheaded experiences of many.

----

Wow that just inspired me. The Wiki is in need of a Full List of CPAP FAQs and answers. Here is a link to that much in need page:

wiki/index.php/CPAP_FAQs

This week and next , please take some time to add a question or two and even jot down an answer to one you know on the site.
Should you have any questions about adding and editing I will be situated in the CPAPtalk Live Chat between 3 and 4 for the rest of the week. The Live Chat is under the Professionals icon at the top of the CPAPtalk page.

We'll have ourselves a barn-raising!
Katherine Fulmer
Product Development Analyst
katherine.fulmer@cpaptalk.com

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. - Kurt Vonnegut

RipVW

Post by RipVW » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:18 am

This is excellent! Must have taken many, many hours to set this up. Thanks!!
Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com