Resmed VPAP Adapt SV™ Enhanced price & other info

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jesant100

Resmed VPAP Adapt SV™ Enhanced price & other info

Post by jesant100 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:08 am

Greetings,
One of my relavites who lives in another country was recently diagnosed with Central apnea. The sleep technician suggested that my relative used the Resmed VPAP Adapt Sv Enhanced for a couple of weeks. That has been working fine for my relative, but the problem is that the weekly rental of that unit is kind of expensive. My relative found out that the cost of that machine in our country is approximately $5000.

I'm trying to find out whether I could get that machine here in the USA at a better price, but it seems that it's only sold by prescription and that one needs to be a patient of the sleep clinic where one can purchase that machine.

My question to you is. What is the price of that machine here in the USA? Is it right that I can't buy that machine without being a patient of the clinic where I want to buy it from?

Any info you can provide me with respect to this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
J

jules

Re: Resmed VPAP Adapt SV™ Enhanced price & other info

Post by jules » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:13 pm

have you check out cpap.com?

you can look first at their website and if you can't find answer, call them and ask - they are located in Houston area and do ship worldwide - but yes they need a Rx but the Rx doesn't have to be from the states (they have in their FAQ information on Rx requirements)

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi Jules,
Thanks for the info. I just called their phone number, but unfortunately, they don't carry that type of device.
J

jules

Post by jules » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:35 pm

did you ask if they knew of another online vendor that might?

twokatmew

Post by twokatmew » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:44 pm

DirectHomeMedical.Com carries it, with and without the humidifier -- $4449 w/o & $4850 with.

http://www.directhomemedical.com/machin ... stems.html
Scroll down the page and you'll see it.

dsm

Post by dsm » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:25 pm

jesant100 wrote:Greetings,
One of my relavites who lives in another country was recently diagnosed with Central apnea. The sleep technician suggested that my relative used the Resmed VPAP Adapt Sv Enhanced for a couple of weeks. That has been working fine for my relative, but the problem is that the weekly rental of that unit is kind of expensive. My relative found out that the cost of that machine in our country is approximately $5000.

I'm trying to find out whether I could get that machine here in the USA at a better price, but it seems that it's only sold by prescription and that one needs to be a patient of the sleep clinic where one can purchase that machine.

My question to you is. What is the price of that machine here in the USA? Is it right that I can't buy that machine without being a patient of the clinic where I want to buy it from?

Any info you can provide me with respect to this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
J

Last time I looked here in Australia the Vpap Adapt RRP cost $AUD 3,999 (typically reduced to $AUD 3,495 or less) (this range in $US is approx $US 3,310 & $US 2,900). https://www.cpap.com.au/resmed.htm#8

That price of $US 5,000 mentioned seems pretty high.

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)