Sleepyhead not reading new data?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cajun

Sleepyhead not reading new data?

Post by cajun » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 am

I looked at Sleepyhead for the first time in a few months, and it only loads data from my SD card to Nov 2015. This is the first time I've run Sleepy since upgrading my PC to Windows 10 (64 Bit), so that might be it? It ran fine on Win 8. I'm running Sleepyhead v0.9.8-1-Testing OpenGL. The SD card is from my Respironics System One. The SD card's switch is in the up/unlocked position.

Any suggestions?

I was wondering if the date needs to be reset on my CPAP? Is that an option? Is there an internal battery on my CPAP, like with a PC, that holds the date?

palerider

Re: Sleepyhead not reading new data?

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:47 pm

cajun wrote:I looked at Sleepyhead for the first time in a few months, and it only loads data from my SD card to Nov 2015. This is the first time I've run Sleepy since upgrading my PC to Windows 10 (64 Bit), so that might be it? It ran fine on Win 8. I'm running Sleepyhead v0.9.8-1-Testing OpenGL. The SD card is from my Respironics System One. The SD card's switch is in the up/unlocked position.

Any suggestions?

I was wondering if the date needs to be reset on my CPAP? Is that an option? Is there an internal battery on my CPAP, like with a PC, that holds the date?
mount your sd card on your computer, go into the P-Series\Psomething folder (the something is your machine's serial number)
then go into the last p? folder, p0, p1, p2, p3...

look at the file date of the latest file.

Last edited by palerider on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cajun

Post by cajun » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:05 pm

The last date is 11/9/2015. Does that mean my Cpap is no longer updating the card, or is something wrong with the card itself?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:22 pm

cajun wrote:The last date is 11/9/2015. Does that mean my Cpap is no longer updating the card, or is something wrong with the card itself?
yes.

try reformatting the card, maybe it's full, maybe it's corrupted. if nothing gets written tonight, try a different card... if that doesn't work, then your machine has developed a fault... try power cycling it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cajun

Post by cajun » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:48 pm

I just bought a new card to try for tonight. How do I power cycle? Are you just talking about unplugging the CPAP?

Thanks for your help.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:15 pm

cajun wrote:I just bought a new card to try for tonight. How do I power cycle? Are you just talking about unplugging the CPAP?
unplug it... plug it back in.

cajun

Post by cajun » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Got it. I unplug it each time before removing the SD card, so I doubt that will help. I just reformatted the old card and put it back in the CPAP. It went through some cycle in which the screen had - "Don't remove card." I'll check tomorrow to see if that cleared things up. Otherwise, I'll try the new card I bought.

If none of that works, I guess there's something goofed up in the CPAP itself?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:40 pm

cajun wrote:Got it. I unplug it each time before removing the SD card, so I doubt that will help. I just reformatted the old card and put it back in the CPAP. It went through some cycle in which the screen had - "Don't remove card." I'll check tomorrow to see if that cleared things up. Otherwise, I'll try the new card I bought.

If none of that works, I guess there's something goofed up in the CPAP itself?
any particular reason you unplug it each day? and I won't pop the card out right after unplugging, might be a glitch as the power fades away.

cajun

Post by cajun » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:58 pm

I don't unplug each day. I typically only check my card every few weeks, so I'll unplug it then. Good point about waiting a bit before pulling the card after unplugging.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:16 pm

cajun wrote:I don't unplug each day. I typically only check my card every few weeks, so I'll unplug it then. Good point about waiting a bit before pulling the card after unplugging.
why unplug it at all?

just pop the card out.

cajun

Post by cajun » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:20 am

So...I reformatted the old card, and put it back in last night. It shows data for 11/9/2015, so I'm guessing my CPAP's date is off. From searching this site, apparently I can't fix my Respironics' date.

When I load it on Sleepyhead, I see my old data up until 11/7/2015.

Now what? I think the SD card is not the problem. It's recording data.

Why isn't Sleepyhead showing me the data from last night? I would think it would show up at 11/9/2015?

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:32 am

cajun wrote:So...I reformatted the old card, and put it back in last night. It shows data for 11/9/2015, so I'm guessing my CPAP's date is off. From searching this site, apparently I can't fix my Respironics' date.

When I load it on Sleepyhead, I see my old data up until 11/7/2015.

Now what? I think the SD card is not the problem. It's recording data.

Why isn't Sleepyhead showing me the data from last night? I would think it would show up at 11/9/2015?
Have you verified that the SD card isn't full?

cajun

Post by cajun » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:54 am

I reformatted it yesterday, so no, it's not full.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Very strange..

Have you plugged any accessories like modem or Bluetooth module into the rear port?
A little dust in the machines SD card slot? (a good blow out of the empty slot won't hurt)
Is the physical write protect switch on the SD card working properly?
Double check your not out of disk space on your computers hard drive?? (I'd expect worse things to happen if this was the case though)

If sleepyhead is not seeing new data, it means something is different with the directory structure. Normally, after the machine fills the p0 folder, it moves on to p1, then p2, as they fill up. SleepyHead looks for all of these..

Is the auto-scanner finding the correct card? Try starting without the card in, manually selecting the location, then adding the card and browsing to it's root folder/drive letter when it comes up.

(If it's a flash-air WIFI SD card, well, I still haven't gotten around to playing with them yet, so not surprising if auto-scanner messes up finding those.. I will get to these soon)

What version of SleepyHead by the way? Perhaps try the latest 1.0.0 release snapshot. (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyh ... /Snapshots)

If all else fails, perhaps .zip the card up and upload me a copy so I can have a look. This is a file request link to make it easier to send if you want to.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/8M4rJ3WneKpUrPrvHNGZ

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

cajun

Post by cajun » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:45 pm

No, I haven't plugged anything else into the CPAP. I assume that's what you meant by "rear port."
I suspect the SD card is not the problem. I reformatted it yesterday, and it had data on it this morning. The latest date on the SD card's folder was Nov 2015, so that tells me that the CPAP has the wrong internal date.

Plenty of disk space on my PC and on the SD card.

Yes, the PC is definitely finding and reading the correct SD card.

When I look at the SD Card using Windows Explorer...same thing. The latest date is Nov 2015.

I'm running Sleepyhead v0.9.8-1-Testing OpenGL. I'll try that newer version you mentioned. Thank you for helping.