North Atlantic Medical

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
newname

North Atlantic Medical

Post by newname » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:31 am

Does anyone else use North Atlantic as their DME??

brucelegs

Re: North Atlantic Medical

Post by brucelegs » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:47 pm

I don't use them but I was highly impressed with a presentation they did at an AWAKE meeting in Portsmouth a couple of weeks ago. I believe it was John from the Merrimack NH office who was there and he was approachable even offering to help folks out who were with other DMEs. If I ever become dissatisfied with my current DME they would be next on my list, even if I might have to drive and hour to get there

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me"

newname

Post by newname » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 am

You don't have to drive anywhere. They come to you and they are great. I'm in Massachusetts.

brucelegs

Post by brucelegs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:07 pm

I have this thing about people in my house I guess. My DME has never set foot here

newname

Post by newname » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:11 pm

I also have a thing about people in my house, but these people are wonderful. I ask them to remove shoes and have no problem. I set up my machine in my living room next to my recliner and try out different masks. I use to travel to my previous dme's office but got tired of it.

andrea59

Post by andrea59 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:40 am

I have North Atlantic Medical for my CPAP and mask and so far I like them. I also live in Massachusetts in the Boston area and they come to me to set up and even come extra early at 7 am so I am not taking too much time off of work!! The only thing that I had a problem with is that I requested a smaller size of the nasal mask I already have and they wanted to come out instead of sending it to me. The RP came out and I still got the med/large. When I saw the dr a few weeks ago he wrote out a new prescription and they just sent it out. It is a much better fit!

newname

Post by newname » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:53 pm

I'm North of Boston. I think North Atlantic is the best around. They have no problem replacing masks if I don't like them. My previous dme refused once the mask was opened they said I had to keep it. I had to travel 45 minutes to them. No more small dme company for me. i'M GLAD I found North Atlantic.

JayC

Post by JayC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:37 am

meh...

My 13 months are up in August. Then I will own my machine, and be free to go with another DME for supplies if I feel the need. I look forward to that freedom even if I don't have to use it.

Since North Atlantic's relationship with my sleep doc is so important to North Atlantic, I am (now) getting "special" treatment (which actually pisses me off -- what about all the rest of the CPAP patients who didn't voice complaints to my doc and become VIPs?!?!?!?!?)

I know they have made some internal changes since I started....don't really know if it translates into better service since, as I said, I don't ask for much, and don't deal with general staff.

Having equip delivered was great.....having some settings wrong (admittedly settings other than pressure) was not good....not getting timely calls back, not being followed up in the first day, days, week of treatment was not cool. Not receiving necessary requested financial paperwork, then getting excuses (over 3 weeks and all I needed was the costs and timeframes for Medicare reimbursement schedule so I could prove my expected co-pays for the next 12 months.) Being told hogwash rather than "I don't know, I will research and get back to you...." ==== again, not cool, and about the worst thing a person or organization can do to me. Don't pretend you know when you don't; pay attention to detail when that detail is part of your job AND has an impact on my therapy, even if you don't consider the clock on my ResMed or the mask setting on my ResMed as being important settings to set accurately......... yeesh, ever hear of a check list so nothing is overlooked on a hectic day...? Without CPAPTalk, I would not have known to how to go in and review (and change) those settings so they were correct!!!!

Are they better than other DMEs...? I have no personal experience to say......
Do I like them? As long as I don't have to waste much energy on interacting with them, I can live with it. I think they are decent people; I don't blindly trust anything they say or do, and that is a situation they amply caused on several levels of the organization close to a year ago.

Hopefully, things are different now.........you new customers will have to assess that.....

Respecfully,
J

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:14 am

I wonder if they'd drive to my house in Florida??

Seriously, I have LifeLine Services and they've been great. They did the initial setup in my house. They will deliver, although for me it's often more convenient for me to go there for stuff.

At the end of my "rental" period, they even called to ask if I still wanted the automatic filter and mask delivery, or just call them when I needed supplies.

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

cid

Post by cid » Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 pm

So how is everybody liking them now. Big expose about them cbs boston. They were not using licensed staff which is against state law. Hate to be them when insurances want refunds.

brucelegs

Post by brucelegs » Thu May 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Hmm I guess North American is a scammy as others (considering my previous DME is now in jail for medicare fraud), I am with local mom and pop and I just stop by whenever I need supplies and they have them right there