Resetting Data on the Remstar M Series

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jrfoster

Resetting Data on the Remstar M Series

Post by jrfoster » Sun May 31, 2009 5:31 pm

I read on another thread that someone resets the AHI weekly and monthly readouts on the LCD back to zero so they can see one, two or three days of data without having to remove the smart card. They said also that resetting the data does not effect the smart card data.

Can someone who has the Remstar Pro M Series tell me how to do that? I cannot find it in the manual. Thanks.

Jeff

jules

Re: Resetting Data on the Remstar M Series

Post by jules » Sun May 31, 2009 5:37 pm

do an advanced search for reset in posts by wulfman

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 31, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi Jeff,
I copied this below from another thread I found. I will assume that you recognize this gets you into the Clinician's menu and you know to be careful with what you mess with in there. Were you wanting to erase data on the Smart card? This doesn't do that though I think there is some sort of little utility program that might reformat the card. This only changes the numbers you see on the LCD screen, the 7 day and 30 day average. Do you have the software? The software data remains unchanged and available for all days.

Brenda

To reset LCD Therapy data (does NOT erase any data from SmartCard):

1. Hold down the (<-) (->) buttons while plugging in the power on the back,
wait for 2 beeps or 5 seconds, release buttons.
2. Press the (->) key and navigate to Therapy screen. (There is a minus sign in the lower right corner)
3. Press and HOLD down the (-) minus key for 5 seconds and/or until therapy data is reset to Zero.
4. Press the On/Off button to exit.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

socks349

Post by socks349 » Sun May 31, 2009 7:08 pm

Just an opinion on this (as a relative newbie). I started out trying to dissect every nights data, but given the long term nature of this therapy, ie having enough air to support key brain and muscle functions, I really think it's more about whether we can successfully comply, and this means finding a mask system that has a minimal (acceptable) leak rate and a correct delivered airway pressure that will allow on average an acceptable AHI. If the mask system works on average and the supply pressure is correct, then the night-night data probably doesn't add much value.

jrfoster

Post by jrfoster » Sun May 31, 2009 7:34 pm

Pugsy wrote:Hi Jeff,
I copied this below from another thread I found. I will assume that you recognize this gets you into the Clinician's menu and you know to be careful with what you mess with in there. Were you wanting to erase data on the Smart card? This doesn't do that though I think there is some sort of little utility program that might reformat the card. This only changes the numbers you see on the LCD screen, the 7 day and 30 day average. Do you have the software? The software data remains unchanged and available for all days.

Brenda

To reset LCD Therapy data (does NOT erase any data from SmartCard):

1. Hold down the (<-) (->) buttons while plugging in the power on the back,
wait for 2 beeps or 5 seconds, release buttons.
2. Press the (->) key and navigate to Therapy screen. (There is a minus sign in the lower right corner)
3. Press and HOLD down the (-) minus key for 5 seconds and/or until therapy data is reset to Zero.
4. Press the On/Off button to exit.

Brenda,

Thanks, that did the job. I am wanting to experiment with a different mask and pressure setting for a few days and check to see how it is working without having to wait an entire seven days. I have been on CPAP for three years know and am still trying to find my "sweet spot" as far as masks and pressures are concerned. Thanks again.

Jeff

jrfoster

Post by jrfoster » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:44 pm

After resetting the readings to 0 last night, this morning after trying a new mask with different pressure I wanted to see what the LCD readout would tell me about my AHI. It was still at 0. I thought that it might give me last nights readings even though I know it says 7 days and 30 days. If I remember correctly, after getting the new M series Pro I checked it after a couple of nights and the data for those first two nights were there. Now, after resetting to 0 it is still at zero. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

Jeff

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm

I noticed when I reset to zero that the next morning I had zero showing for an hour or more, then when I checked back later the data would be there. It didn't seem to update or respond as quickly when I had set to zero, but it did eventually show up.

Brenda

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

builta

Post by builta » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi,

I think that the displayed data updates on my unit only once per day at about 12 noon.

jrfoster

Post by jrfoster » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:28 pm

Well what do you know? I just went to the bedroom and checked it out and sure enough, there were the numbers!! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Thanks so much!

Jeff