Oooooops! Will my machine be ok??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bearcatx16

Re: Oooooops! Will my machine be ok??

Post by bearcatx16 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:58 pm

I use one of these http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en ... 016&rt=rud with a with a woman's hair thingy holding the hose. It's placed above my headboard, helps rainout, keeps from pulling on machine and I don't get tangled up in the hose. Have an extra to take with me when I travel, comes easily off the hotel room wall and does not mar it.
In the game of Life there is no two minute warning, just sudden death then judgment............Paraphrase Heb. 9:27 NIV
Not sure you believe in God.....just don't die.

123.Shawn T.W.

Post by 123.Shawn T.W. » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Since I live mostly in a semi-truck ... I have one of those large rectangle milk crates stood up on end next to my bed, which is filled with water jugs, AND bungied to the truck, then I have a piece of firm (dense) foam on top of the crate, and place my PR S1 on top if the foam, and strap it down with a bungy cord! Some times I still have half a tank of water left ... I let it slosh around all day as I drive down the road ...

I only had mine fall off at home ...
"I am a man of peace, but if war comes to my door it will find me home." - Winston Churchill

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 pm

I pulled mine off once back it was still on top of an open drawer. I now have a small cabinet for it, and it sits in the top drawer which is open at night and closed during the day.

http://www.zoocrewphoto.com/misc/apapcabinet.jpg

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 pm

lazer wrote: I'm guessing that's just a mock meter made into a lamp. I have one of those also lying around somewhere. They're pretty cool. I think the meter actually spins whilst the lamp is on or something like that.
Then you don't know me very well. Not only is it a real meter, but it is connected and actually measures KWH used. The little wheel moves very slowly, but it does turn. A friend was swapping out meters for a utility company in rural Colorado a while back and sent me a couple, so I thought I'd make a bedside lamp out of it using some gunstock walnut I had gathering dust. There's a duplex receptacle on the back run through the meter. The lamp runs directly through the meter, and anything that plugs in on the back, like a CPAP machine and alarm clock, likewise get their usage measured. And that way I avoid having to use a power strip. The stuff on the floor to the right is my uninterruptable power supply and deep cycle battery. The pic was taken during initial testing. It looks cleaner now. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73063&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... la#p671485

For some reason the wife didn't want the lamp in the living room, so it ended up on my side of the bed. I have another one that I'm thinking of making into a floor lamp, but I don't know whether she'll go for it.

RosemaryB

Post by RosemaryB » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Ok, here's what I did. I found a mission style side table. It has some slats on the side that you can thread your hose through. The machine goes on the shelf which is not on top of the table. It did the trick. Here's a photo similar to the one I got from Target. Slightly different but you can get the idea.
http://www.target.com/p/mission-natural ... rm=mission style table

Thread on how I overcame aerophagia
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3383 ... hagia.html

Thread on my TAP III experience
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3705 ... ges--.html

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:17 am

Daisy004 wrote:OMG last night about 4am there was an almighty crash!...I pulled the whole Cpap machine off the bedside cabinet and it crashed on the floor between the cabinet and my bed, water eveywhere. I turned the machine upside down and the water ran out ok..the hose got filled somehow so I shook the water out and left it to air dry. I left the machine open to air dry too. Tried it this am and it seems to be blowing ok. Apart fromthe obvious mini heart attack you get from the noise, you think it will be ok? Has anyone ever done this before?
If it continues working all night tonight you're probably OK. I left water in the humidifier once last year when I packed it in the carry case. Water got into the blower but it didn't die until about 3 am the next morning. DME changed it out, no questions asked. Charged off to Medicare and BCBS probably.

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Well, daisy, did the CPAP survive?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

lazer

Post by lazer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 am

Slartybartfast wrote:
lazer wrote: I'm guessing that's just a mock meter made into a lamp. I have one of those also lying around somewhere. They're pretty cool. I think the meter actually spins whilst the lamp is on or something like that.
Then you don't know me very well. Not only is it a real meter, but it is connected and actually measures KWH used. The little wheel moves very slowly, but it does turn. A friend was swapping out meters for a utility company in rural Colorado a while back and sent me a couple, so I thought I'd make a bedside lamp out of it using some gunstock walnut I had gathering dust. There's a duplex receptacle on the back run through the meter. The lamp runs directly through the meter, and anything that plugs in on the back, like a CPAP machine and alarm clock, likewise get their usage measured. And that way I avoid having to use a power strip. The stuff on the floor to the right is my uninterruptable power supply and deep cycle battery. The pic was taken during initial testing. It looks cleaner now. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73063&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... la#p671485

For some reason the wife didn't want the lamp in the living room, so it ended up on my side of the bed. I have another one that I'm thinking of making into a floor lamp, but I don't know whether she'll go for it.

That is very cool!