GACK! I lost my smartcard.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Snorebert

GACK! I lost my smartcard.

Post by Snorebert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:16 am

I think that it was just a few days ago when the was a poll asking how often members checked there data. I remember intending to chime in to say that I originally checked every single morning but most recently, I have been checking most evenings when I get home from work. I began toying with the idea that I should use how I feel as the PRIMARY indicator of therapy efficacy and view the numbers as secondary. So checking the data was slightly less important in my life than it was when I first got my data-capable APAP.

But a few days ago - my card was nowhere to be found! It was time to go to bed and I could not find that little sucker in any of the usual places. PANIC!
I went to bed feeling like I was diving down the highway and someone just covered my eyes. It was really a strange sense of loss of control. I must be a data addict!

Well, happy ending. The next day, I found a very clean but very usable card in the pocket of some pants that had gone through the washer and dryer. Man, I need a backup!

Happy New Year!
There are two rules of life. The first is don't tell everything that you know.

KatieW

Re: GACK! I lost my smartcard.

Post by KatieW » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:27 am

Glad there was a happy ending to this story. And that the card can make it through the washer and dryer. Happy New Year to you too!

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:51 am

I haven't washed my data card -- but have washed my debit card several times and it still works!!

I don't carry a purse -- too easy to misplace (did that in college after a 3 hour hunt due to car keys my car pool said there had to be a better way). I stuff everything I need in my pockets. Heaven help me if I accidently buy pants with no pockets!!!
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

Gerryk

Post by Gerryk » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:54 am

I have done that a few times. I took my card out of the machine and to the computer. When I finished downloading, I put it in my shirt pocket and that's where I found it the next day or the day after that. I did that a few times. Now I stand the card up on my keyboard and hold it in my hand when I go back to the machine. Or I finish downloading and take it right back to the machine.

Gerry