REQ: Provider setup mode for the DeVilbiss Intellipap?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Diehart

REQ: Provider setup mode for the DeVilbiss Intellipap?

Post by Diehart » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:45 pm

How do I access the clinical menu / provider setup mode for the DeVilbiss Intellipap AutoAdjust Machine? I have found many others here but none for this machine. If posting the information is an issue, please PM me.

I also would like to thank you all for providing so much information which has help me during my first week with a CPAP. I have found answers to all my questions here!!!!

Thank You,
Diehart

Wulfman

Re: REQ: Provider setup mode for the DeVilbiss Intellipap?

Post by Wulfman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Try these instructions.

I think you can download the manual from the link below that. I have one in my archives.

Den

Intellipap setup directions

1. Turn on the machine
2. Turn off the machine
3. Right after that, hold the down arrow down as well as the ramp button... while holding those 2 buttons down hit the power button and it takes you to the setup mode...
4. Scroll over using the Select button until you get to ipap and epap settings and use the up and down arrows to change the levels. When done turn off the machine.

http://www.devilbisshealthcare.com/medi ... mLocale=ca

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Diehart

Post by Diehart » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Thank you for the quick response.

echoman

Post by echoman » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Thank you for this very helpful information...what a hassel it was with the company...i agree that this info should be included with the cpap at time of purchase. we own it we should have it..

Diehart

Post by Diehart » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:46 pm

echoman wrote:Thank you for this very helpful information...what a hassel it was with the company...i agree that this info should be included with the cpap at time of purchase. we own it we should have it..
Actually, a Devilbiss Marketing person is on this board and is extremely helpful and has helped me on several occassions. I do agree that the Provider's (CLINICIAN'S MANUAL) Setup Instructions should be provided to all.

timbalionguy

Post by timbalionguy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:30 pm

The clinical setup manual was included with my Intellipap APAP, received just a few days ago. Apparently, DeVilbiss listens to their customers.

El Pap

Post by El Pap » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:40 pm

timbalionguy wrote:The clinical setup manual was included with my Intellipap APAP, received just a few days ago. Apparently, DeVilbiss listens to their customers.
If you look at the manual, there is a warning right at the top that says, "IMPORTANT! Do not provide these setup instructions to the patient. Only qualified medical professionals should access these device settings."

It's fairly common for an online seller to provide the setup guide, much less so for a home care company or brick and mortar DME.

timbalionguy

Post by timbalionguy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:59 pm

El Pap wrote:
timbalionguy wrote:The clinical setup manual was included with my Intellipap APAP, received just a few days ago. Apparently, DeVilbiss listens to their customers.
If you look at the manual, there is a warning right at the top that says, "IMPORTANT! Do not provide these setup instructions to the patient. Only qualified medical professionals should access these device settings."

It's fairly common for an online seller to provide the setup guide, much less so for a home care company or brick and mortar DME.
I would have insisted on it had it not been there in the first place. Or, I would have poked around here until I found it. Sometimes I think the people that regulate this stuff think that people are too stupid to manage their own health care. This list and all the good folks on it proves the regulators dead wrong.

I will also point out that I am lucky have a primary care physician who understands this, and who gives me a lot of room to work out my own treatments. Sometimes, he has even asked me what drug he should prescribe. (I grew up in a pharmacy, and read my Dad's journals before he did!)

mike_f

Post by mike_f » Sun May 03, 2009 5:16 pm

okay, I just got the machine a week ago and I got used to set it up via the smartcard and the PC. I went through the manual 3 times and could not find the advanced setting menu.

I'll go through it later again but there are some settings of which I like to know more detail of the function and what it does when changed.

EDIT!! I went through all the manuals and indeed it is on a SPARATE booklet where it all explains. However I could NOT find this separate booklet online.

If anyone is interested in a scan let me know

And a BIG thanks for the community, this is moe helpfull than some "physicians" advice

datracer99

Post by datracer99 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Has anyone worked out how to set the time on the intellipap. I suspect it has to be done via the smart card, but I haven't found that particular setting yet.
Intellipap Auto in CPAP Mode, 10cm, Data module and software, Mirage Micro

DeVilbiss Marketing

Post by DeVilbiss Marketing » Wed May 06, 2009 11:09 pm

mike_f wrote:okay, I just got the machine a week ago and I got used to set it up via the smartcard and the PC. I went through the manual 3 times and could not find the advanced setting menu.

I'll go through it later again but there are some settings of which I like to know more detail of the function and what it does when changed.

EDIT!! I went through all the manuals and indeed it is on a SPARATE booklet where it all explains. However I could NOT find this separate booklet online.

If anyone is interested in a scan let me know

And a BIG thanks for the community, this is moe helpfull than some "physicians" advice
CPAP is an FDA controlled device and select settings must be prescribed by a physician. As such, DeVilbiss provides two separate Instruction Guides: one for the end-user and one for the clinician for the prescribed advanced settings.

A real respiratory therapist

Post by A real respiratory therapist » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:46 pm

There is a very good reason why the clinician instructions are not with the machine. The lungs are like a balloon and like any ballon if you increase the pressure that pushes air into your lungs you can pop a lung causing you to have to go to the ER, chest tube and this can cause death as well. On an equal note. an increase in pressure in your thoracic cavity puts pressure on your heart. Enough pressure on your heart will decrease blood that gets pumped through it, which is bad. Enough pressure and you have a heart attack and die. So see if you do not understand the concepts and have not been trained you run the risk of serious injury. You know the guys who says I have changed my BiPAP/CPAP a 100 times...there is always that 101st time that will get you.

Please be safe and do not change your machine without your Dr. knowing or getting a new sleep study. All those things they stick on you during your sleep study tell if the pressures do you good or are too much for your heart and lungs.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 pm

The truth: Cpap pressure is less than the amount of force required to inflate a balloon.
Cpap machines are incapable of producing enough force to explode a normal lung.
Fact: Some medical conditions would contraindicate you blowing up a balloon.
If this were the case, your doctor would have noticed it; unless you have no doctor.
You probably would be in a hospital. Of course we must cover our tushies, and some of us
must preserve our employment. Have a nice day!

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:23 pm

A real respiratory therapist wrote:There is a very good reason why the clinician instructions are not with the machine. The lungs are like a balloon and like any ballon if you increase the pressure that pushes air into your lungs you can pop a lung causing you to have to go to the ER, chest tube and this can cause death as well. On an equal note. an increase in pressure in your thoracic cavity puts pressure on your heart. Enough pressure on your heart will decrease blood that gets pumped through it, which is bad. Enough pressure and you have a heart attack and die. So see if you do not understand the concepts and have not been trained you run the risk of serious injury. You know the guys who says I have changed my BiPAP/CPAP a 100 times...there is always that 101st time that will get you.

Please be safe and do not change your machine without your Dr. knowing or getting a new sleep study. All those things they stick on you during your sleep study tell if the pressures do you good or are too much for your heart and lungs.
WOW!!!
You need to go back to school!
These flow generators aren't "ventilators" and they don't create enough pressure to "push air into the lungs".

You give REAL RTs a bad name.

Den

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:52 pm

if "a real respiratory therapist" really believes this garbage, the Devil will wear ice skates before I do business with his company.