IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP or Syandard

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Velroc

IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP or Syandard

Post by Velroc » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:46 am

Which Machine ?? IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier and SmartLink Therapy Management System or the standard. I do plan to Travel a little by RV and Plane.

Bob

El Pap

Re: IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP or Syandard

Post by El Pap » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:00 am

Auto adjust DEFINITELY. I'm pretty sure the standard model doesn't track efficacy data, only compliance.

timbalionguy

Post by timbalionguy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:25 am

The autoadjust by all means. Will also do straight CPAP.

Bigburd2008

Post by Bigburd2008 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:31 am

Go for the whole kit&kaboodle + battery pack & cable. Had mine for over a month now. Good package deal off CPAP.com. Will not all fit in the supplied bag, carry mine in plastic container with cushoning. Great for RV'ing including boondocking.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain.

Autopapdude

Post by Autopapdude » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:17 am

LOVE the intellipap. It is by far the best autopap I have used in 10 years of OSA therapy. I know it has been criticized for lacking exhalation relief, but I found that it is very responsive to my breathing cycle, and is easy with which to breathe. So, I'd recommend it for anyone who has a need for an autopap. Not only is it extremely well priced, it is also very practical. Quietness is superb, it has a small profile, and software is made simple. I use the smart codes online, and I get all the information I need to monitor my therapy. It's not just a travel machine---I think it makes a great primary cpap.

lok

Post by lok » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:45 pm

I just purchased the same rig........GMTA I'm so excited i keep checking the tracking info

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Bigburd2008 wrote:Go for the whole kit&kaboodle + battery pack & cable. Had mine for over a month now. Good package deal off CPAP.com. Will not all fit in the supplied bag, carry mine in plastic container with cushoning. Great for RV'ing including boondocking.

Is it only the battery that doesn't fit into the bag? Or do other pieces also not fit?
I'm workin' on it.

DeVilbiss Marketing

Post by DeVilbiss Marketing » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 am

we designed the IntelliPAP bag to accommodate all primary therapy components - flow generator, hose, humidifier and interface. Although the bag is expandable with a zip gusset, I do not believe a battery pack would fit.

timbalionguy

Post by timbalionguy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:31 am

DeVilbiss Marketing wrote:we designed the IntelliPAP bag to accommodate all primary therapy components - flow generator, hose, humidifier and interface. Although the bag is expandable with a zip gusset, I do not believe a battery pack would fit.
Not a practical battery, anyway. But the expandable gusset is a great idea. Will hold a hose/w felt cover, and my mask quite nicely. There is also room in the other side for both the AC and DC power cords. This machine truly does travel well, and I have used that capability a lot more than I planned to.

lok

Post by lok » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:58 pm

And checking....................................................