Magnap Product Survey: Help us help you sleep better

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MAGNAP

Magnap Product Survey: Help us help you sleep better

Post by MAGNAP » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi,

MAGNAP is an initiative started by students from the University of California, San Francisco, USA. We wish to tackle the problem of sleep apnea that affects millions of people in the US and the worlds. But before we can help you sleep better, we need YOUR help in deciding a few characteristics of our product.

So, if you have SLEEP APNEA or know someone who has this condition, please take the survey posted below. We wish our product to be as useful and as friendly as possible, and YOU have to help us.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=0 ... Tiaw_3d_3d

LoQ

Re: Magnap Product Survey: Help us help you sleep better

Post by LoQ » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:53 pm

2. Which of the following features of CPAP bothers you the most? (Check all that apply)
Bulky Mask
Noisy Pump
Difficulty to move
Cost

3. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being unwilling and 5 being completely willing), how willing would you be to try out an alternative for CPAP?
Uh, your survey seems to have some problems with it. Question #2, for example. None of that stuff bothers me. I don't care if the mask is bulky or not. The "pump" is not noisy. I don't really move while sleeping. The cost, well, that's a worry, but it's already done with. So you haven't gotten to ANY of the stuff that bothers me the most.

Question 3 also has problems. I don't know how willing I am to try an alternative until I hear about it. UPPP? Probably not willing at all, unless the data magically changes. A non-dental device? Possibly. How can I answer that without knowing what I might be trying?

That said, I hope you have something really great to offer. Many people are looking for an alternative. I'm guessing you are working on something like the electrical stimulation of throat muscles, to be implanted like a pacemaker under the skin. I wish you success, whatever it is, because we need alternatives.

tdm5032c

Re: Magnap Product Survey: Help us help you sleep better

Post by tdm5032c » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:52 pm

I agree, question #2 isn't applicable to me either. The only real problem I've had and still have with CPAP is gas and bloating(aerophagia). That is not even mentioned in this extrememly short survey.

This survey isn't really looking for an answer to whether or not people are happy or unhappy with CPAP. It is VERY heavily slanted towards this IMPLANTED product this person is selling. I for one am not about to have an untested and unapproved product surgically put into me without a lot of data to prove it works. I'll stick with my CPAP AND my gas

P.S. I LOVE/HATE my Swift LT!!