Anyone ever take Armodafinil?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mazsdps

Anyone ever take Armodafinil?

Post by mazsdps » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 am

I receive a newletter for Fibromyalgia and in it was an article on the drug Armodafinil. I looked the drug up and one of the reasons for it's use is for people with sleep apnea. They are doing clinical studies for it's use in patients with fibromyalgia to see if it will help them with fatique, which it what I have to deal with on top of having sleep apnea. I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken it and if so did it help them and was there a lot of side effects from it?

tdm5032c

Re: Anyone ever take Armodafinil?

Post by tdm5032c » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:20 am

Armodafinil is Nuvigil. The 'NEW' version of Provigil that Cephalon came up with to avoid having a generic equivalent to Provigil come out so they could line their pockets with even more money from us.

P.S. I LOVE/HATE my Swift LT!!

old64mb

Re: Anyone ever take Armodafinil?

Post by old64mb » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:09 pm

mazsdps wrote:I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken it and if so did it help them and was there a lot of side effects from it?
Without getting too complex, it works more or less the same exact way modafinil does, just that it may last a little longer and if you've had side effects from Provigil there's a chance you won't have them on Nuvigil.

It's mostly designed, though, to maintain the gravy train Cephalon has from Provigil, so expect to see those differences massively hyped.