I got a CMS-50F

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TheDreamer

I got a CMS-50F

Post by TheDreamer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:34 pm

I ordered mine from a seller on eBay, it arrived yesterday. And, after a quick charge I tried it out last night:

I had the alarm on...and what was interesting, was that I was having a nightmare....some psycho was trying to kill me and I was struggling to hold him off...when suddenly there was this beeping that woke me up...it was the alarm from the PulseOx. Though it was saying 'finger out'

It pretty much only said that each time that I saw it after having it wake me during the night. Only once did I see it reading low.

Finally in the morning my alarm went off, so I took it off so I could tell the alarm to stop. And, snoozed a little while longer before finally taking the mask off.

I think I'll wait until the weekend to try again....wonder what'll happen if I wear it (upside down) on my right wrist....

The Dreamer.

You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!

73 de W0LKC

robertmarilyn

Re: I got a CMS-50F

Post by robertmarilyn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 pm

TheDreamer wrote: I think I'll wait until the weekend to try again....wonder what'll happen if I wear it (upside down) on my right wrist....
The Dreamer.
Ha ha, we are never happy just doing things the 'normal' way are we. The whole bunch of us are like that.
mar

dsm

Post by dsm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Must admit I was expecting my CMS-50E to fall off but it hasn't done so yet (although have only used it about 6-8 times total).

Isn't it a good feeling to know that if you need to or want to, you can get all the data you need to tell you what happens during
the night.

I guess you are pretty happy with the unit ?

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

mallen4258

Post by mallen4258 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:54 am

I have the SPO 7500 and I really like how it operates. However I am impressed and intrigued as to how you got your SpO2 data on the report generated by Encore Viewer. How did you do this or is this how the CMS-50 reports..... Thanks.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:52 am

Dreamer - I'd like to know how you got the oximeter report on your Encore Viewer Report too!!

Tell us you secret!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:53 am

I assume all he did was paste the jpeg of the oximetry report onto the Encore jpeg

elader

Post by elader » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:13 pm

wow, on cpap my desats are tiny. You got some big ones there, even on cpap. But you only have a few (luckily) - amazing how differently our bodies behave.

TheDreamer

Post by TheDreamer » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:08 pm

I got images from both programs, cut the graph from the oximeter report and pasted it into the blank area at the bottom of the encoreviewer report. With adjustments to get it to mostly line up.

The Dreamer.

73 de W0LKC

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks Dreamer! I'm going to give that a try. It would be great to have them all on one page the nights I use the oximeter.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

TheDreamer

Post by TheDreamer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 am

I intended to give the CMS-50F another shot last night, especially after finding out that I could get the display to appear right while wearing it on my right. (thanks Linus)

But, I got distracted by a thunderstorm that rolled in...and not liking the sound of stuff crashing into the building outside. (coming up on the first anniversary of last year's F4 tornado that hit town). I guess I was more worried about power though.

Eventually it just stopped. So, I tried to hook it up....and go to sleep. But, I found that I couldn't. I could feel my finger throbbing away and it was making it hard to get comfortably settled in bed. Eventually after having laid away for what felt like an hour...I took it off and went off to bed.

I was also have gas and gerd something bad. It was probably a mistake having ice cream before bed.

Maybe I'll try again next weekend....though its my week to be on call....

The Dreamer.

73 de W0LKC

Gale Hawkins

Post by Gale Hawkins » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:42 am

I like mine very well and should break it out again since it has been a few months since I used it.