Searching for Clinician's manual for Resmed S8 Elite II

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
capecodmomma

Searching for Clinician's manual for Resmed S8 Elite II

Post by capecodmomma » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:43 am

Is there anyone that can help me find a clinician's manual for my "mother ship"?
I have a ResMed S8 Elite II. I love it! I'm on week 4 of treatment and last night was the best yet. My Respironics full face mask is finally doing what I tell it to do. (We've had "issues") I got a winter coat for my hose (our bedroom is 52 degrees) due to rain in my face. I've gotten a night guard since I was clenching my teeth while trying to keep my mask from moving and finally I've gotten eye drops to cure my dry tired eyes. (learned to read in bed---then put the mask on when I'm thru and want to sleep)

All in all going well, but I do like to know how everything works in my machine hence the manual request.

Thanks!

Cape Cod Momma

Wulfman

Re: Searching for Clinician's manual for Resmed S8 Elite II

Post by Wulfman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:58 am

CCM,

I saw your post yesterday, but didn't have time to respond and I don't have THAT manual.

viewtopic/t38953/ResMed-S8-Elite-II.html

I don't know how much more information you would need from the Setup/clinician manual, but I do have the instructions that will get you into the machine. They haven't changed for several generations of the ResMed machines.

1. Accessing the Clinical Menu

Turn on the device and wait until the standby (RAMP/SETTLING) screen appears on the LCD.
At this stage you can adjust the ramp/settling time.

Press the DOWN and RIGHT keys simultaneously for 3 seconds to access the clinical menu.

2. Changing Options and Settings.

Press the LEFT (menu) key to access the SETTINGS menu screen.

Use the UP and DOWN keys to scroll through the RESULTS, OPTIONS and SERVICING menu screens.

From a menu screen, use the LEFT (enter) key to access the parameters in that menu.

Use the UP and DOWN keys to scroll through menu parameters.

Use the LEFT key to view or change each parameter setting as required.

Press the RIGHT (exit) key until you return to the standby (RAMP/SETTLING) screen.

Here's a link to a list of manuals from which you could download an earlier version.

http://www.internetage.ws/cpapdata/manuals/

Hope that helps.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:03 am

Okay, any and all of you w/Resmed S8 II Clinicians Manuals in pdf format. Would you be so kind as to PM me w/which S8 II device you have the Clinicians Manual in pdf. I'd like to "collect" a pdf for every S8 II model Clincian Manual since so many contact me about their Resmeds. Or maybe dsm would graciously agree to add all the S8 II model Clincian Manuals to his website. Bless him's heart.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:07 am

Slinky wrote:Okay, any and all of you w/Resmed S8 II Clinicians Manuals in pdf format. Would you be so kind as to PM me w/which S8 II device you have the Clinicians Manual in pdf. I'd like to "collect" a pdf for every S8 II model Clincian Manual since so many contact me about their Resmeds. Or maybe dsm would graciously agree to add all the S8 II model Clincian Manuals to his website. Bless him's heart.
How many are there???

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:04 am

Well, there's the Resmed S8 II Escape (I've never seen mention of an S8 II Compact), the S8 II Elite w/EPR, the S8 II AutoSet; the VPAP Auto 25 is an S8 II (I'm not entirely sure about the VPAP Auto which I have the pdf for anyway). I don't think any of the more advanced devices are in the S8 II "style" yet. Not enough demand and still a pretty good inventory of those in the S8 and S7 styles is my guess.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

kopoloff

Post by kopoloff » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:40 pm

I have S8 Autoset II Spirit

kopoloff

Post by kopoloff » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:42 pm

Woops -sorry, I don't

riverdreamer

Post by riverdreamer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Slinky, I have a few of the S8 manuals. I PM'd you to see if we can connect. I would be happy to pass them on. For anybody else, I have the Autoset II Clinician and User, the Autoset Spirit Clinician, and the ResScan Clinician Guide. I'll pass anything on to Slinky that she doesn't have, but you can PM me if you want it direct.

Ohio apnea

Post by Ohio apnea » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:26 pm

I can't thank you enough for sharing how to get into the clinical menu of the Resmed S8 Elite I
I was diagnosed with OSD in July 2008 and went on a three month trial with a Fisher and Pakel Sleep style
I tried very hard to adjust to exhaling against 11 H2O.But I kept trying and trying and Lincare told me I would just have to adapt to the machine.
By December 2008 I could not take it any more.As most of you who use a CPAP know,it's like blowing up a balloon Ali night long.
I am retired form the Air Force as a flight mechanic and I worked on the oxygen regulator system.No pilot has to breath against 3000 psi coming out of the liquid oxygen tank.You exhale naturally.So I knew that it was possible to have the incoming pressure different than the exhale pressure.Since I was a newbee at that time,I knew nothing about bipaps, autopaps, cflex or aflex.I did a lot of research on the Internet and learned a lot from forums like this one.Then I went to a dentist to get a TAP and he almost sold me one for $3000.There is just one thing that he didn't tell me.You had to have a full set of teeth.You can't use dentures.So I went to another Dentist and he fitted me with an AVEO tongue stabilizing device for $300.It was designed in New Zealand and it is FDA approved but the designer only made one size.The Aveo TSD goes on the end of you tongue and it has a suction bulb to hold it on to the tongue.It holds you tongue forward enough to keep you from apneaing.My sleep doc added 2 liter per minute of Nocturnal oxygen and at first it seamed to work.My titration rate in the begining was 97% all night long.
I steadily improved until August 2009.But it quit working and by September I was a basket case.My brain was fried.So I went back to my sleep doc last week and he said that he didn't have to do another poly on me.I asked him if he would proscribe something that would let me exhale naturally.Today I went to a new DME and they set up my new Resmed S8 at the right pressure 11 H2O but they did not turn on the EPR.When I got home
I set it up and put my new nasal pillow swift.I left it on for about 20 minutes and I was back to the old aching lungs.
So I went back to researching on the Internet and I found your solution. The only thing that I changed was the EPR settings.
I am getting 11 H2O in and 4 H2O out.I can't thank you enough.I now can be 100% compliant

sunsetblow

Post by sunsetblow » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:27 pm

Does anyone have the clinician manual for the S8 Elite II? Will be glad to talk over PM! Thank you

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:29 pm

sunsetblow wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:27 pm
Does anyone have the clinician manual for the S8 Elite II? Will be glad to talk over PM! Thank you
You can go here and request the manual via email. Instructions are on the web page.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.