Feature Request for all PAP makers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Diehart

Feature Request for all PAP makers

Post by Diehart » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:12 am

Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and want to see what my pressure is running at, but I have to sit up to see the display which means doing the hose dance. This leads into my open request: Could PAP manufacturers make displays that will pivot up and down like the ones on many ink jet printers. What do you think?

DreamStalker

Re: Feature Request for all PAP makers

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:56 am

PAP manufacturers don't give a squat about what we the patient want.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:32 am

I think the only thing anyone should do when they wake up is try to fall asleep again. Which is why I think that anything that distracts people from turning over and snuggling down for further sleep -- including anything the make pressure tracking easier - is a not a good idea.

I do realize we sometimes want to troubleshoot therapy. My solution is the ramp button: I don't need ramp, and have set mine at 5 minutes. If I'm awake enough to be concerned about wanting to record my wakefulness, I press the ramp button. But sometimes, even that will disrupt my sleep more than I want to - and I don't press the ramp.
Sleeping is a mental thing, as well as a bodily thing. I can choose not to concern myself with wake related things when I'm half asleep. And when I wake up, usually, all I want to do is sleep. I've learned that if I'm really awake, it's better for me to get out of bed and do something relaxing. Peaking at my pressure (or a clock) does not count as relaxing, sleep inducing activity.

DreamStalker, you must be trying really really hard to love your AFLEX and not buy an Intellipap - otherwise, what would make your forget that Diehart is an Intellipap user, and DevilBiss - unlike others - listens to user input?

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:38 am

ozij wrote:I...

DreamStalker, you must be trying really really hard to love your AFLEX and not buy an Intellipap - otherwise, what would make your forget that Diehart is an Intellipap user, and DevilBiss - unlike others - listens to user input?

O.
Actually, I'm content with my AFLEX machine. Like RG says, once you find the proper mask and optimal pressure ... the machine brand really doesn't matter. Optimal pressure is optimal pressure regardless. Where the machine brand and type (and associated software) make a difference is in finding that optimal pressure.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 am

Diehart wrote: This leads into my open request: Could PAP manufacturers make displays that will pivot up and down like the ones on many ink jet printers. What do you think?
With a backlight so you can actually read it too.
And USB ports for memory.
And display ALL of your nightly data.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:51 am

GumbyCT wrote:
Diehart wrote: This leads into my open request: Could PAP manufacturers make displays that will pivot up and down like the ones on many ink jet printers. What do you think?
With a backlight so you can actually read it too.
And USB ports for memory.
And display ALL of your nightly data.
And is HDTV cable ready.
And orders breakfast in bed on Sunday mornings.
And prints US currency to bail us out of those tough recession periods.

Diehart

Post by Diehart » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 am

ozij wrote:I think the only thing anyone should do when they wake up is try to fall asleep again. Which is why I think that anything that distracts people from turning over and snuggling down for further sleep -- including anything the make pressure tracking easier - is a not a good idea.

I do realize we sometimes want to troubleshoot therapy. My solution is the ramp button: I don't need ramp, and have set mine at 5 minutes. If I'm awake enough to be concerned about wanting to record my wakefulness, I press the ramp button. But sometimes, even that will disrupt my sleep more than I want to - and I don't press the ramp.
Sleeping is a mental thing, as well as a bodily thing. I can choose not to concern myself with wake related things when I'm half asleep. And when I wake up, usually, all I want to do is sleep. I've learned that if I'm really awake, it's better for me to get out of bed and do something relaxing. Peaking at my pressure (or a clock) does not count as relaxing, sleep inducing activity.

O.
For me, I will wake up several times a night to turn over no matter what. It's then when I would just like to take notice of the pressure. I easily fall right back to sleep. It's not a mental thing for me, I have to be really dissressed to not fall imedietely asleep.

AuntieNae

Post by AuntieNae » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:42 am

Add clock radio features .. a time display and alarm ..
S8 AutoSet II with H4i Humid, reader + software
M Series Auto w Aflex with HH, reader + software
IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with HH, reader + software
Mirage Liberty Full Face with Nasal Pillows and Head Gear
Pursleep, Pad A Cheeks~ :)
Started 9/12/08

Diehart

Post by Diehart » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:36 am

AuntieNae wrote:Add clock radio features .. a time display and alarm ..
That would be a great idea, I could then get rid of the alarm clock and have more room on the night stand, again, great idea! I wonder if the air could be pulsed some way to wake you up instead of an audible alarm?

El Pap

Post by El Pap » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Diehart wrote:This leads into my open request: Could PAP manufacturers make displays that will pivot up and down like the ones on many ink jet printers. What do you think?
A better solution might be to project it on to the ceiling, like some alarm clocks do. Personally, it's not a feature I'd use or want, as I like my APAP to be as dark and quiet as possible.

Diehart

Post by Diehart » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Well, as I'm seeing it, most people appear to be happy with the features they have and don't want anything additional.

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Diehart wrote:Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and want to see what my pressure is running at, but I have to sit up to see the display which means doing the hose dance. This leads into my open request: Could PAP manufacturers make displays that will pivot up and down like the ones on many ink jet printers. What do you think?
I'm agin, too. I have no interest in items I really don't need which just drive the prices of these machines up.

Why aren't you sleeping instead of looking at the machine?

Diehart

Post by Diehart » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:28 pm

LoQ wrote:
Diehart wrote:Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and want to see what my pressure is running at, but I have to sit up to see the display which means doing the hose dance. This leads into my open request: Could PAP manufacturers make displays that will pivot up and down like the ones on many ink jet printers. What do you think?
I'm agin, too. I have no interest in items I really don't need which just drive the prices of these machines up.

Why aren't you sleeping instead of looking at the machine?
I'm sleeping great, I never have or will ever sleep though the night. I want to look at my machine and see what the pressure is if I do wake up. I started this thread to see if folks wanted a feature that is not available. It's about moving forward, progress and making something even better. The Pivot display and Alarm Clock features would not add much to the cost and the features don't have to be used if you don't want it.

Frankly, I'm amazed most folks are just posting reasons way they don't want new features. If this were always the case in the early days of CPAPs, we would not have the modern feature rich units of today.

kopoloff

Post by kopoloff » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Sometimes my doll goes down during the night, so perhaps a double adapter so the machine can reinflate her for me.

K

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Why not penny up and get the gel-filled model?

Meanwhile, down under at the Lazy Doll Ranch...