OT Finally a good DME

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Greg6657

OT Finally a good DME

Post by Greg6657 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 am

This is a little off thread but I finally found a good DME. Home Health Depot. Recently due to my wife falling and breaking her ankle I found a good DME. Let me give my reasoning. She needed a wheelchair, it took Apria 2 days to finally say she got insurance approval and I could pick it up. I went and then had to wait 45 minutes for them to roll it out of the back room and they were more worried about my portion ($17.50 copay). 2 days for a wheelchair PLEASE . Since I have a bad back and she has MS on top of it all, I decided I wanted a patient lift to get her up and down or in and out of bed ect. I called Home Health Depot at 2:00 PM and explained my situation, Angie was so much help, she asked how soon I needed it? I told her she would have to go through my insurance company for approval but as soon as possible. Her quote to me was you have enough to deal with I'll take care of everything. She told me what to have written on the script and that it had to be on a letter head style scrip with the MD's info. I called my doctor and explained what I needed and that Angie was going to help me get it. She got with the MD and then the next day by noon she called and said they would deliver or I could pick it up. Less then 24 hours and she had to deal with BCBS/Anthem. I told her I would like to pick it up. She told me it would be waiting. I got there and Lo and Behold there was the lift and a note from her that she would show me how to use it if I wanted just ask the girls at the front to call her and she would come straight down. Oh and the Copay, what copay? Anyway I would HIGHLY Recomend them. Even on their website it says "we do all of the administrative work" and they really did.

mamagoober

Re: OT Finally a good DME

Post by mamagoober » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:27 am

Awesome!! I am also on the short list of those who love their DME. What a great feeling!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:35 am

Aw, shucks. Finding a good local DME provider isn't off topic!! Its a celebration we are all happy to hear about. Your new DME sounds WONDERFUL. Congratulations to you and your wife. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 am

That is a wonderful Christmas gift.
I hear angels singing. . .

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I'd much rather praise the DME's who deserve it than trash the ones who don't.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

porete

Post by porete » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:00 pm

mamagoober wrote:Awesome!! I am also on the short list of those who love their DME. What a great feeling!
DITTO! It is a great feeling when you FINALLY find a DME you can trust.