What is the best Auto CPAP machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mindy

Re: What is the best Auto CPAP machine

Post by mindy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 am

Not everyone keeps their mask on when they are having insomnia -- the advice I've always read is to get out of bed and do something quiet like reading. Sometimes I don't get back to sleep or I take a sleeping pill and forget to put my mask back on. Once in awhile I put my mask on and go to sleep but wake up in the am with my mask off -- and no memory of taking it off!!

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:09 am

robysue wrote: The System One's pressure increases are not dramatically fast. And that means they are less likely to wake you up. And they're less likely to trigger a leak. But that hunt-and-peck algorithm is constantly kicking in. And so every 10 minutes or so there is a pressure increase. And that's enough to bother some people. But that hunt-and-peck algorithm is also going to help keep the machine from decreasing the pressure below a therapeutic level when the min pressure setting is set too low: Once the pressure is suboptimal, the subtle differences in the wave flow combined with the hunt-and-peck algorithm will prevent the machine from further decreasing the pressure much of the time.
not sure which system one you're talking about, but mine doesn't raise pressure every 10 minutes. my minimum is 8.5 with a maximum of 12. i rarely rise to 12 and usually stay 8.5 to 10 or 11. here is a pressure graph where it stayed at minimum pressure for an hour at one point. i have many examples of straight lines well over 10 minutes. i have firmware v250.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Catnapper

Post by Catnapper » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:10 am

Hi John,

Do you remember me? When you started with cpap I read your card for you.

I too am ready for a new machine. I want to have the PR bi-pap with heated hose. My DME tells me that his rep told him it will be available in June or July.

Glad to hear it is quiet.

Lots of good info in this thread. Thanks everyone.

Catnapper - Joanie