Tremors and CPAP, has anymore seen improvement after Rx

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
path2others

Tremors and CPAP, has anymore seen improvement after Rx

Post by path2others » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:04 am

Hi everyone, I have had arm and hand tremors for a long time. They have gotten worse since the start of my symptoms of OSA. The fog and fatigue got worse in Sept when I gained some weight. Has anyone else had this and seen improvement since using the CPAP?
The tech put extra leads on my arms when I mentioned the tremors but I am waiting for the results of my second study. I have been enjoying reading all of the threads while I wait for my machine. I am not a patient person by nature.
Don

tooly125

Post by tooly125 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:22 am

Don,
A trip to your regular doctor to discuss your tremors would be what I suggest!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:27 am

Thanks Tooly, I have been asking the Doc for several years and they just scratch their heads. Probably just wishful thinking on my part that it is related to the OSA. Don

Selena

Tremors

Post by Selena » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:34 am

Have you seen a neurologist?

path2others

Post by path2others » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:35 am

Thought I was signed in I've just learned never to order soup at a resturant unless I want to wear it the rest of the day. Don

path2others

Post by path2others » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:42 am

Quite a few years ago. It took me 4 months to tallk my Doc to order the Sleep Study. I don't care to go into why I am never taken seriously. I have had some bad times with them in the past. I am an RN retired even though I have a full time position at home. Take care of my wife 24/7 who has dementia. The pay is lousy but the rewards are worth it. Don

tooly125

Post by tooly125 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Have you seen a neurologist?
an excellent suggestion

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

lovey

tremors

Post by lovey » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:56 pm

My neurologist was the one that suggested that I had sleep apnea because I had increased tremors--not my general practice doctor. He wants next to see me after 2 months on the CPAP (received this week). Just my feeling that he's basing this on some research that OSA contributes to tremors. I had 82 apneas a hour in my sleep study.

The other doctor that thought that I might have sleep apnea was the psychiatrist. I had a wide range of sleep behaviors, such as talking, dissociation, walking, etc. His thought was that my oxygen was going down too low and this was putting me in an altered conssciousness state.

Because the two doctors came up with this within a month, I considered that I had sleep apnea. Didn't even occur to me before then! With two doctor's recommendation for a sleep study though, I had no problem with getting the sleep study approved through Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

It will be the 4th night tonight...not used to the bloated stomach feeling or the full mask yet.

path2others

Post by path2others » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi lovey, It was my "shrink" also who thought I had sleep apnea. I wonder at times if that was the reason he didn't want to order the sleep study. No gain by dwelling on that subject. I did pretty well with the nasal mask during the study but I want to try a nasal pillow also. It sounds like you are doing pretty well after 4 nights. Don

lovey

Post by lovey » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:51 pm

The sleep center technicians were looking forward to my exhibiting some odd behaviors while there overnight at the first sleep study, since my referral came from a psychiatrist. I was exhausted and didn't wake the whole time...with no behaviors. The technician had told me she'd follow me around with the portable cart if I did sleepwalk! I liked the sleep center..I don't have cable at home... Lovey

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:45 am

Yeah, you are right guys :)