Rescan problems please help (SOLVED)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
oscar98

Rescan problems please help (SOLVED)

Post by oscar98 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 pm

I apologize if this has been covered. I did a search and found a poster with similar problems but the thread ended before saying what a possible solution might be.

I'm running windows 7 (64 bit) and using a built in card reader. I've installed Rescan 3.13 and when I try to download my data from the sd card it says connect a flow generator or data card and try again. I've tried several times and I'm not sure how to fix it. Does anyone know that solution?

thanks in advance

Angie
Last edited by oscar98 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

oscar98

Re: Rescan problems please help

Post by oscar98 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:47 am

I've now tried doing a system restore back to before installing rescan and then installing version 3.14 with no success. It will not recognize that there is a sd card in the slot. I have no idea what else to try.
I'm not sleeping well and feeling like crap and I was hoping to take a look at my data to see if it is apnea related (which I'm sure it is because I've woken myself up several time the last few nights not breathing)
I'm wondering if I need to bump the pressure up a little bit.
If anyone has any ideas how I can get this to work I would really appreciate it.

FoxNewsFan

Post by FoxNewsFan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:59 am

Not sure if this will help but on mine when I take my card out of my machine I have to flip it upside down before I put it into my card reader. I hope this simple solution will help you. Ed
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset APAP
ResMed Mirage Quattro FFM
Backup ResMed S9

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:22 am

When you installed ResScan did you install the card reader driver software? It is not needed and a few people reported that with a fresh install omitting these drivers, allowed for success. They are for the old Smart card readers with S8 machines.

If you didn't install the card reader stuff then I have no idea, so sorry.

But you might use SleepyHead...it works with ResMed S9 machines now. Might be a little buggy but worth a shot.
I don't have any problems with it.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Perrybucsdad

Post by Perrybucsdad » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:02 am

I know when I downloaded my data, there were a few times it said the same thing and the card was inserted. I just ejected the card and inserted it again. No idea why it is doing that.

Other thing is check the contacts on the card and make sure they are clean. Sometimes I have found that breathing on them, and then inserting he card helps... I have also seen people who will lick the contacts to give it some extra moisture. I've never tried that, but it could just be a bad contact on your reader or the card.

One other test is can you see the card when you go into Windows Explorer?

oscar98

Post by oscar98 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:49 pm

I tried both with an without the drivers. I installed it without and then uninstalled, ran my registry cleaner, deleted the user data folder did a system restore and then installed with the drivers.

I think it must be something wrong with the card because I can't get sleepyhead to find my data either. However, I can see the files if I open the folder on the sd card. I know the data is present I just can't get either of the software packages to know that it is there. I have no idea what else to try.

I bumped my pressure up a little last night and that actually may have caused an increase in my AHI or it may be that I just slept sounder last night because I didn't toss and turn and felt refreshed this morning for the first time in two months. I kept blaming being tired and achey on the stress of moving and entering graduate school but the night before last I woke up at least 3 times not breathing which made me realize that I had not checked my data in almost a year.

oscar98

Post by oscar98 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:53 pm

When I open sleepyhead I get the following message in the bottom frame.

00000: Loading "C:\Users\Angie\Documents/SleepApp/Profiles/Angie/279c10c6"
00001: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_dateStart_currentPageChanged(int,int)
00001: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_dateEnd_currentPageChanged(int,int)

Does anyone know what that means?

oscar98

Post by oscar98 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:56 pm

sorry, one more thing...

When I try to manually import the data I get an error saying there is no machine data at this location G:\DATALOG

Do I need to reformat the card? If so is there anything I need to know before reformatting or do I just right click on the drive letter and go for it?

thanks

moresleep

Post by moresleep » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:37 am

So long as you don't mind losing any data on the SD card, you have little to lose by reformating it. You could also get another SD card and try that. On the issue of the SD card itself, while you apparently see data there, try to be sure the Cpap machine is happy with it and actually writing all the data to it (insert the card before you turn the Cpap on, watch what the readout says about the card, if anything, and turn the machine off before you remove the card). If you know how, you might try to change the system resources used by that built in card reader on your computer, so that it appears on a different port. Another idea is to try plugging in a USB card reader--you can probably find one for $10 or so.

And it goes without saying, keep figiting with Rescan. It's not terrible robust, at least in my experience, and sometimes doing things different ways produces different results.

That's about it for my ideas. Good luck!

Perrybucsdad

Post by Perrybucsdad » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:45 am

Just curious... if you get a new SD card (lets just say I get one at the mall from an electronics store and not the DME) when I insert it into the device, will it setup all the folders and everything??

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:55 am

Oscar
It could be another application taking control of your SD card - it happens to me when I try to read my SD card while the pulse oximeter software is open.

Perrybucsdad
Yes the S9 creates the folders (and files) it needs.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:30 am

I would try a new SD card. Does not have to be a "ResMed" card. Any generic SD card will work. Walmart 2 GB SanDisk is fine about $9.

On the off chance the computer hardware is acting up...can a photo SD card be tried? If photos cannot be accessed then the SD slot/reader (or driver software) might be the culprit.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

oscar98

Post by oscar98 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:13 pm

The sd card from my camera works just fine and when I insert the resmed card my pc recognizes it and asks what I want to do (open to view files etc). If I go to computer, and then the drive with the card I can see data files listed by date for every day for the last 30 days. I am assuming this means that data is being written to the card. I always turn off the cpap before pulling card and put the card back in before turning it on and the last time I had the card out it worked just fine. However, I have not looked at my data since last October which is when my windows xp laptop died. I kept meaning to install rescan and take a look since getting the new laptop but I've been extremely busy and when I started feeling bad that was all the motivation I needed to get the job done.

I just tried turning it off and pulling the card and then turned it back on and inserted the card so I could see what the screen would say. All it does it say "reading sd car" for a couple seconds and then goes to the home screen.

If another application is taking control of the sd card how would I control that?

I'm fairly computer literate but I do not know how to change ports for the drive.

thanks again

oscar98

Re: Rescan problems please help (SOLVED)

Post by oscar98 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:54 am

It turned out to be a windows 7 compatibility problem. I right clicked on the rescan icon, clicked the compatibility tab and told it to run in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode and now it works just fine.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:52 am

oscar98 wrote:When I open sleepyhead I get the following message in the bottom frame.

00000: Loading "C:\Users\Angie\Documents/SleepApp/Profiles/Angie/279c10c6"
00001: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_dateStart_currentPageChanged(int,int)
00001: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_dateEnd_currentPageChanged(int,int)

Does anyone know what that means?
That message is safe to ignore.. You can click on Help->Debug and turn off that bottom pane..
The debug window is meant as a trace in cases where things go wrong..

Being still alpha software, the messages are quite often silly.. most of the time they are only meant to mean anything to me. :-}

(It's happening in this particular case because the calender dropdowns in the overview page aren't created until they are first used, but the signal connection needed to be created earlier.)

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code