resmed mirage fx

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OutaSync

Re: resmed mirage fx

Post by OutaSync » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:12 pm

I finally gave up on it after a couple of weeks trial. I had to clamp the bottom straps down tight to keep it from leaking and there was nothing to keep the pressure off of the bridge of my nose. I kept the tops straps loose enough that the forehead piece wasn't even touching my forehead.. They need to put a dial in this mask to lift the pressure off of the nose bridge.

This is also the first mask I have used that left strap marks on my face that lasted all day. The straps are way too thick. They need to go back to the drawing board on this one. Too bad, too, since I liked the pink straps.

Back to the very heavy SoftGel, Sigh.

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

FoxNewsFan

Post by FoxNewsFan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:51 am

I too tried the FX. Two different sizes. Couldn't get it to stop leaking. Tried all the tricks to no avail.

Very disappointing that they put out a new mask that so many people are unhappy with. Did they rush it into production without testing it enough?

Went back to the Quattro.

Ed
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset APAP
ResMed Mirage Quattro FFM
Backup ResMed S9

mellodrone

Post by mellodrone » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:52 am

Hello, I'm so glad I found this forum... now I know it's not just me. I've been using the Respironics EasyLife mask for about a year - my only complaint is sometimes I get "dents" in my face. Otherwise my AHI numbers are excellent and I'm sleeping pretty darn good (for me.) Thought I'd try the Mirage FX because I like the design. The past two night have been HORRIBLE. I could not get it to stop leaking. I got up several times during the night to start over and fit the mask according to ResMed's website instructions. As soon as I rolled over on my side (which is my most comfortable position) - LEAK. The only way I could get the leaking to stop was to tighten the straps to the point of pain. Maybe it works for some people, but I quit. I'm going back to the EasyLife and will put up with the face dents. Thanks for the helpful posts.

Lynn