Ordering Through CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
amw

Ordering Through CPAP

Post by amw » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Do most of you order supplies from here? From what I've been reading, they have great customer service.

I'm going to compare their prices to what I pay when I use my insurance (which pays 70% for DME and supplies).

Last edited by amw on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowlypso

Re: Ordering Through CPAP vs Insurance

Post by cowlypso » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Whether or not it's cheaper depends on your insurance. The DME does mark things up quite a bit, but then your insurance has a negotiated lower price, and you end up paying a percentage of that lower price. Usually, unless you have a high deductible or copay, it will be cheaper to go through your insurance. For me, it's going to end up costing me about $150 out of pocket going through my insurance, versus $700 going through an online retailer. But if I had a $500 deductible, it might have made more sense to go through an online retailer.

xenablue

Re: Ordering Through CPAP vs Insurance

Post by xenablue » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:22 pm

I have great insurance, so get most things through my DME if it's allowable. I did recently purchase a light weight hose for my SleepWeaver mask from cpap.com which I believe was just easier and quicker than waiting for the DME to order one for me - and probably paying the same or more than cpap.com.

cheers,
xena

Mary Z

Re: Ordering Through CPAP

Post by Mary Z » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I use my insurance because it's cheaper for me. I like CPAP.com a lot, though. I've had great success with them.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:14 pm

We are among the lucky few, who can apply out of network purchases to the in-network deductible.

Paul56

Post by Paul56 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 pm

I order supplies from cpap.com ...never any issue and very quick
delivery.

But, take my delivery experience with a grain of salt given I am
located in San Antonio and cpap.com is in Houston.

I don't bother with insurance or a DME... but my situation is likely
a little different than others here.

I'm a Canadian on a work visa living in the States. I was originally
diagnosed with apnea in Canada and had the sleep study there.

I'm almost certain my insurance would require another sleep study
if I was to request reimbursement of equipment / supplies

In any case, cpap.com works excellent for me.

antlerpens

Post by antlerpens » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:25 pm

I choose to go with cpap.com because even with my insurance it was cheaper than through my DME. It is the beginning of the year and we have a fairly high deductable. I also like that I could choose the machine rather than have one pushed on me. Even when I requested the DME for something different they didn't give me much of a choice, two machines are all that they carry.

I have ordered supplies through cpap.com in the past and have never had a problem. My "flex" account Master Card was accepted with no problems so I had no out of pocket expense with this purchase. I was very pleased with the service: order notification, notice that they had received my RX, shipment notification, and product information emails all sent within an hour of my placing the order. That is great service, in my book. FedEx tracking says my machine should arrive on Tuesday, three business days from the date I placed the order. (I live in Michigan, cpap.com is in Texas.)

I think I will get my masks from me DME because I can get them cheaper with my insurance, but order any future machines from cpap.com.

Scott

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:28 pm

We always request Fed ex when ordering from cpap.com.
It's so cool following the shipping progress.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:29 pm

I've ordered thru Cpap.com and they've been fast filling the order and it arrives in a timely manner. Good people to work with.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Gaga58

Post by Gaga58 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:56 pm

I ordered my machine through cpap.com and had a wonderful experience...it arrived quickly too. Customer service is great, especially when you us newbs call with "dummy" questions!!

teknomom

Post by teknomom » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:37 am

I compared my post-insurance cost with cpap.com costs and I will buy those items that are cheaper online. I also bought some backup items online since my insurance won't pay for another mask or hose for 6 months. I can't use insurance for them but can use my HSA account. Cpap.com was easy to deal with and delivered quickly to Colorado.

because: "They Call the Wind Maria"
from the musical "Paint Your Wagon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG4rxHgq ... re=related
PS: I love my "Wind", Maria

2 B Sleeping Soundly

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm still fairly new at all this CPAP stuff, but I have ordered hoses, hose cozy's, white filters, quick connect hose couplings, CPAP wipes, Pur-Sleep products, and even back-up humidifier silicone seals and lid, all from CPAP.com. The service has always been excellent and the shipping only take 2 - 3 days to Southern California

For me, CPAP.com fills in the gap of time I have to wait between being able to get all the replacement parts for masks/filters/etc... on my insurances 6 month schedule. I am very impressed with them!

John

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

amw

Post by amw » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Thank you all for the many replies. It's good to know that cpap.com has wonderful customer service if I ever need to order anything.