fatigue....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pnwbliss57@gmail.com

fatigue....

Post by pnwbliss57@gmail.com » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 pm

finally have nasal mask on all nite. only got 4 hrs or less w full face. ahi is just 1.5 to 2.2 and i finally feel the equipment is good... .can anyone just give me an idea how long until this paralyzing fatigue improves? i walk around spent allday...sighing while im sitting down...puffy eye bags...shakey...and dont want to do anything....im trying to set my expectations assuming the equipment continues to work well...am i really looking at maybe months? thank you!!!

zonker

Re: fatigue....

Post by zonker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:18 pm

pnwbliss57@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 pm
finally have nasal mask on all nite. only got 4 hrs or less w full face. ahi is just 1.5 to 2.2 and i finally feel the equipment is good... .can anyone just give me an idea how long until this paralyzing fatigue improves? i walk around spent allday...sighing while im sitting down...puffy eye bags...shakey...and dont want to do anything....im trying to set my expectations assuming the equipment continues to work well...am i really looking at maybe months? thank you!!!
download oscar. post some charts.

the experts would like to see just what that ahi is composed of. might be a clue there to improve your ahi and your sleep.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:48 am

by pnwbliss57@gmail.com » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:18 pm
3 ideas for u. if your newly cpapped up, i over time got more use to mask on face at nite. consider full face mask, i tried nose only and it would force me to mouth breathe which woke me up due to noise and mouth dryness...leaks can be loud so make sure its snug. and then lastly, i played with taping my mouth shut or used a head strap that kept mouth closed. this did help me but i dont to do it anymore. i now regularly average 6 to 7 hrs per nite
What happened between then and now?

JPB

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:35 am

Re: Waking up REALLY early

by pnwbliss57@gmail.com » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:01 pm
same thing happened to me...not just early but i felt good too...i surmised it was your body feeling llike it finally got the rest it needed and woke up. i also learned to actual get up and start my day vs. going back to sleep to see how that day went ...and also to keep mask on if i go back to sleep eventhough i felt good because if u fall back asleep w no cpap you will then have apneas and you will reverse your gains...
You seem to be sending mixed messages?

JPB

pnwbliss57@gmail.com

Post by pnwbliss57@gmail.com » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:25 pm

full face was ripped off at nite....yielding 2-4 hrs of <1 ahi and still paralyzed w fatigue..elevated breathing...headaches...high bp etc. sleep coach said eventhough u may get 4 hrs...the 2nd 4 hrs w/o cpap simce mask was thrown on floor your Apneas will go up to 36 ahi.
i agreed and upgraded me to nose only phillips respironics dreamwear and Monday june 7 was first nite w new gear. 1st nite gear remained on head from lites out to lights on..but apneas climbed from about 1 ahi to 2+ ahi and last nite was 7 ahi. so ahi is well below a osa diagnosis and im extatic about not ripping gear off. so assuming full nites w gear and ahi less than say 5....how long b4 i feel relief from symptoms? dont need exacts just what numbers are people sharing?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:31 pm

pnwbliss57@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:25 pm
so assuming full nites w gear and ahi less than say 5....how long b4 i feel relief from symptoms?
Anywhere from a week to a year. Everyone is different and we all can have other factors involved as well.

I wish I had a dime for every time someone asks "how long does it take to feel the good numbers"???
I would be rich.

It takes as long as it takes and that is only if the sleep apnea is the sole cause of the unwanted symptoms.
When the unwanted symptoms are caused by something other than airway issues...cpap simply can't fix any problem that is unrelated to airway issues no matter how much we might want it to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

pnwbliss57@gmail.com

Post by pnwbliss57@gmail.com » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:39 pm

that helps...thank you....

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:15 pm

My wife started feeling better after the first night. I didn't really notice any change when I first started treatment. After a month or two, I noticed I could sit and work the crossword puzzle in the newspaper without falling asleep half way through, and I could actually sit and read for an hour or watch a movie on the TV without falling asleep. Everybody's recovery is different. Some people never seem to fully recover. CPAP can correct crappy sleep, only help with the sleep apnea problem. In fact, this is one of those days when I feel absolutely drug out. I had the machine on for seven hours with an AHI of 0.58, but I had a crappy night's sleep due to muscle spasms in my legs for the first four hours of the night. The machine helped my sleep apnea, but no my crappy sleep last night.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.