Starting to have problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JeffH

Post by JeffH » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:53 pm

Thanks so much, Jules. I really appreciate it!

Jeff

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:36 am

Wow!

Slept 9 hours last nite with only a couple of slight wake ups. The head band over the mouth trick really seemed to work well. Mouth and throat weren't dry at all this morning. I wish I had found this forum months ago.

Thanks for the help, everyone. Hopefully the problem is solved.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:54 am

JeffH wrote:Wow!

Slept 9 hours last nite with only a couple of slight wake ups. The head band over the mouth trick really seemed to work well. Mouth and throat weren't dry at all this morning. I wish I had found this forum months ago.

Thanks for the help, everyone. Hopefully the problem is solved.
Glad to hear that, Jeff.

Maybe there's really nothing wrong with your machine after all. And, if not, it'll give you a chance to look around for another one that will have recording capabilities so you can see how your therapy is really doing.

Best wishes,

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:43 am

Check with your DME for any organization that might help cover costs of an APAP. State medicaide? Veteran? Church? Ever do something for someone else who might help you now? Call the large medical center nearest you and ask for social services-they might be able to steer you toward help.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:36 am

Thanks Wulfman. I think you are right...my seven year old Sullivan is probably alright. I come from the "if it works, don't fix it school" so if this keeps up, I think I'll be alright.

Thanks again

Jeff

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:43 pm

sounds like your problem was more that of mouth breathing. I would consider a full face mask, then your deviated septum won't matter so much.

you breathe through your mouth when you cannot breathe through your nose.

I'd consider a UltraMirage Full Face or a Somnotech Yara when it comes out later this month.

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:42 pm

Well, last night was not good. Mouth must have leaked all night. Felt really bad this morning.

I saw the post about building the mouth piece out of sporting goods mouth piece and am going to try that later today. GF works for a dentist, so will have some help with the sculpting of the device. Anyone still using that still?

snoregirl

Post by snoregirl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:57 pm

I think tape works the best.