Two Awakening During The Night

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dtotire

Two Awakening During The Night

Post by dtotire » Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 am

I've been on CPAP for about two weeks now. Does it get better as you go along? I get perhaps 4-5 hours sleep.

I listed my equipment somewhere, but I don' see here. I don't have much trouble it.

harry33

Re: Two Awakening During The Night

Post by harry33 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am

the benefits take a while to become obvious
is it giving the correct pressure or stuck on the lower ramp pressure, if you have any type of nose only mask, your lips must stay sealed for any CPAP benefits, some tape the lips as a chinstrap seldom is effective. make sure the air outlet at base of mask isnt blocked in any way, make sure CPAP air intake filter isnt blocked

stay positive, if working properly, your CPAP will make you live longer and give you more energy
australian,anxiety and insomnia, a CPAP user since 1995, self diagnosed after years of fatigue, 2 cheap CPAPs and respironics comfortgell nose only mask. not one of my many doctors ever asked me if I snored

TooGroggy

Re: Two Awakening During The Night

Post by TooGroggy » Tue May 03, 2011 11:44 am

Just two awakening?

When I started CPAP 5 months ago, I used to wake up at least every hour because my mask (a full face one) was leaking, hurting or both. But I stuck with the therapy and tried different masks and finally found a nasal pillows mask that was light, unobtrusive and comfortable. It got to the point where I could sleep the whole night without waking up. Somehow, I just learned to keep my mouth closed during the night (well, most of time) so I didn't have to resort to tape, straps and other such indignities

Of course, now that allergy season is in full swing where I live, my nose gets all plugged up at night. So I'm back to waking up several times a night. Argh!

Everyone experiences ups and downs. Give yourself some time to get comfortable with the equipment. Things will get better.