Protest to mask manufacturers.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
purple

Protest to mask manufacturers.

Post by purple » Sun May 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Quite clearly, most males have receding foreheads, most females have protruding foreheads (and that design on a woman is cute). Masks do not have the correct cushion on the forehead for both sexes.

I say we protest to the mask manufacturers and demand inequality in mask design. A generally for female mask and a generally for male masks.

Like the mob in the Frankenstein movie. Gather the other simpletons, peasants, serfs and vassels. Sharpen the sticks, scythes, pitchforks and make a lot of torches.

It is time for a mask that works better.
Last edited by purple on Sun May 01, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paper_Nanny

Re: Protest to mask manufacturers.

Post by Paper_Nanny » Sun May 01, 2011 6:56 pm

purple wrote:Like the mob in the Frankenstein movie. Gather the other simpletons, peasants, serfs and vassels. Sharpen the sticks, scythes, pitchforks and make a lot of torches.
Gathering my weapons right now! Let me know where the mob will meet.

Deborah

PR System One BiPAP Auto SV Advanced

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun May 01, 2011 7:03 pm

I never saw a complaint of this nature before...anyone else????
So what sex is the current mask suited for????

purple

Post by purple » Sun May 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Quite clearly, my mask is more for a woman. While it otherwise conforms to my small nose, and smallish nose bridge, which is probably why it works, in some ways, well for me.

If the mask had a forehead cushion in action, then it would be slightly off my nose and I would not wake up feeling like I have a teeth gnawing on the bridge of my nose. Must be worse for those who run a higher pressure and cinch their mask down more tightly.

It is my observation that the design of masks for Sleep Apnea patients is one occasion when the free market principles make the design worse. If a company could manufacture a mask, having available to them all the good ideas of the different manufacturers, then we could have a better mask. As it is now, we pick a mask that does not have the most objectionable feature for us.

harry33

Post by harry33 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm

many masks have an adjustable piece that presses against the forehead and this allows for mens and womens forehead shape

it often helps to wear mask high up on face with straps only just tight enough
australian,anxiety and insomnia, a CPAP user since 1995, self diagnosed after years of fatigue, 2 cheap CPAPs and respironics comfortgell nose only mask. not one of my many doctors ever asked me if I snored

purple

Post by purple » Sun May 01, 2011 7:58 pm

harry33 wrote:many masks have an adjustable piece that presses against the forehead and this allows for mens and womens forehead shape

it often helps to wear mask high up on face with straps only just tight enough
Interesting observation, and which I did not know, that would not work for the shape of my head and Forma mask. Which is another way of saying, I have become emotional attached to the idea of a mob carrying torches in the night.
Last edited by purple on Sun May 01, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun May 01, 2011 8:03 pm

As I have mentioned before, I believe masks are designed to fit models, i.e.' beautiful' people, not those of us who have apnea.
Is there room for another simpleton?

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Sun May 01, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purple

Post by purple » Sun May 01, 2011 8:18 pm

My head piece is not adjustable, and the rubber tabs on it barely touch my forehead, no matter where I put it. And the rubber tabs would not hold it off my forehead anyway.

Chunkyfrog, I used to use a Flexifit 432, the Forma, works better for me, neither have a head piece to properly elevate the mask off my male, sloping forehead. I notice other manufacturers have adjustable head pieces, as well as one has a much larger area to put on the head, which reduces the pressure at any one part, I think. At the price of masks, I do not experiment much. I have quite awhile to go on my current mask.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Masks are designed to fit "Ken and Barbie" They have very little relation ship to real people. I think most mask designers need to get out of the lab more often.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun May 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Amen, Blackspinner.