Respironics Fit Life - Looking for a used one to buy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
riveter

Respironics Fit Life - Looking for a used one to buy

Post by riveter » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:25 am

Hello all. It's been a while since I posted here, but I have been pretty much a total zombie due to severe sleep apnea and my miserable tolerance to CPAP. I get severe dry mouth and wake up after about 3 or 4 hours. Sleep is hit and miss after that, and mostly without the CPAP.
Well, after seeing doctors on and off looking for some sort of solution, I had a CT scan of my sinus. It shows a deviated septum. So I went to an ENT and he put a scope up there. He could not even get the scope past the obstruction on the right side. And he said I had enlarged turbinates. So he recommended a Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction. I have read that a deivated septum can cause the opposite turbinate to enlarge; it makes sense since that one is doing all the work. And eventually, that side becomes blocked due to the enlarged turbinate. In my case, I usually can't breathe through my nose at all; it's been that way for years.
So I have the surgery scheduled in about three weeks. I hate considering surgery, but I am desperate for sleep. The problem is the doctor said I could not use CPAP for about three weeks after surgery. So I thought I might ask him if I could use a FitLife Total Face CPAP Mask. I does not contact the nose, so it may be an option.
So does anyone have a FitLife Total Face CPAP Mask (Large) that I can buy? I hate to buy a new one as I am not certain it will work. Send me a PM if so.

mellabella

Re: Respironics Fit Life - Looking for a used one to buy

Post by mellabella » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 pm

I have a fitlife for sale or exchange--but it is an XL, and it is virtually unused because it was too large for my face (even though the sizing guide I printed out seemed to indicate it would be OK).

audreyrose73

Post by audreyrose73 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:51 am

if Riveter not interested in your xl fitlife please let me know as I also have been looking. the xl is my size
sincere thanks
Derek

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:41 am

I think its the air pressure from the machine that your doctor is concerned with. The pressure will be the same with the fit life mask. You might try the Oracle mask.

audreyrose73

Post by audreyrose73 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Mellabella..pm sent about fitlife mask