Change Pressure Settings on Remstar Plus

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TheTxn

Change Pressure Settings on Remstar Plus

Post by TheTxn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:08 pm

I have two RemStar Plus CPAP machines, but my insurance company doesn't know about the second machine. I just found out I need to change my pressure setting from 10 to 12, but I don't know how to change my second machine that I use for travel. Can anyone help me with this?

Wulfman

Re: Change Pressure Settings on Remstar Plus

Post by Wulfman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:49 am

WHICH REMstar Plus? There are several versions.

The newest is the M Series:

https://www.cpap.com/viewImage.php?Bund ... s-CPAP.jpg
https://www.cpap.com/viewImage.php?Bund ... Lid-Up.jpg

The Legacy series with NO C-Flex (3-buttons).

https://www.cpap.com/viewImage.php?PNum ... arplus.jpg

The Legacy series WITH C-Flex (5 buttons) (looks similar to this Pro 2)

https://www.cpap.com/viewImage.php?Bund ... arPro2.jpg

There are slightly different button-pressing sequences to each one.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

TheTxn

Post by TheTxn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:27 am

This is the model that I have.

The Legacy series with NO C-Flex (3-buttons).

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:36 am

Then you need these instructions.
I'd suggest copying them to a file on your computer.

Den

REMstar Plus wo/C-Flex Setup

IMPORTANT!
When the device is in the Therapy Setup Menu, the humidifier and ramp buttons operate as up and down keys to change the settings and the pressure on/off button will take you to the next screen.

Therapy Setup Menu
1. Plug the pronged end of the power cord into an electrical outlet. To enter the Therapy Setup Menu hold the ramp and pressure on/off buttons down while plugging the power cord into the device. The airflow will automatically turn ON and the display screen will show the current elevation setting and the unlock symbol.

IMPORTANT!
Prescribed therapy settings can be set only using the Therapy Setup Menu.
To prevent patients from tampering with the settings, the directions to access the Therapy Setup Menu should not be revealed to the patient.

Elevation Setting
a. The elevation setting and symbol will be displayed.
The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
Lo = less than 2,500 ft. (<762 m.)
M = 2,500 to 5,000 ft. (762 m. to 1524 m.)
Hi = 5,000 to 7,500 ft. (1525 m. to 2286 m.)

Note: Altitudes of 7,500 ft. (2,286 m.) may affect the accuracy of the pressure. Verify the pressure settings with a water column manometer.

To change the elevation setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting is displayed.
Press and release the pressure on/off button to go to the next setting.

Pressure Setting
b. The CPAP pressure setting will appear.
To change the setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
Range: 4 to 20 cm H2O (in 1 cm. H2O increments)

Fine Adjustment Setting
c. The CPAP fine adjustment setting will appear. This setting allows you to calibrate the device so that the pressure setting can be verified with a manometer.

If you DO NOT want to calibrate the device, press and release the pressure on/off button to go to the next setting.

If you DO want to calibrate the device, follow the directions below:
1. Connect the patient circuit to the REMstar Plus. Make sure there is an exhalation leak in the circuit.

2. Zero the manometer and connect the manometer at the patient mask. Make sure the pressure has stabilized (let the manometer sit for at least 60 seconds).

3. If the pressure setting is not the same as the manometer reading, press and release the ramp or humidifier button to change the setting.
Range: -0.9 to 0.9 H2O (in 0.1 cm H2O increments)
Press and release the pressure on/off buton to go to the next setting.

Ramp Time Setting
d. The Ramp Time symbol and setting will appear. The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
Range: 0 to 45 minutes (in 5 minute increments)
Note: If the ramp time is set to "0" minutes, or if the CPAP pressure setting is 4 cm. H2O, the following ramp setting will not be displayed. Go to Step f.

Ramp Starting Pressure Setting
e. The Ramp Starting Pressure symbol and setting will appear. To change the setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
Range: 4 to Prescription Setting (in 1 cm. H2O increments)

>4 Setting
f. The number of times this device has been used for more than four consecutive hours (>4) will appear. To erase the total and go back to zero, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
An "X" will appear in the upper left corner and the total will change to "0000". (Pressing the button again will restore the original count)

LED Setting
g. The LED on/off symbol and setting will appear. This setting allows you to have the lights behind the button turned on or off.
The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
1 = ON
0 = OFF

Exit Settings
h. To go back to the beginning of the settings, press and release the pressure on/off button.

To exit the Therapy Setup Menu, hold the pressure on/off button down and press the ramp button one time. Release the on/off button. The airflow will turn off.
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Grinngo Viejo

Post by Grinngo Viejo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:39 pm

I have a REMstar Auto M Series device with Cflex. I would be extremely grateful if you could provide me with the same instructions for change of pressure settings on that model. My problem is that I am a rancher in deep South Texas, and my DME provider is a Home Health Agency lined up, sight unseen, by the sleep center in San Antonio. Unfortunately the Visiting LVN is less than qualified to do what she is attempting.

I can't tell all of you how delighted I was to find this Web Site. Y'all steered me to the encore software, and I have learned more about what is going on with my therapy in two weeks than I ever would have learned from the resources that are available down here.

Best regards,

Gringo Viejo

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Gringo,

Here are the instructions for your machine.

Den

Hold down the <- -> buttons while plugging in the little power cord in the back, wait for 2 beeps release buttons. Then press the + key to enter setup mode, use the <- -> buttons to move to the next field, use the -/+ keys to decrease/increase values, when set press the On/Off button to exit Setup.

Therapy Mode = CPAP/AUTO
CPAP Pressure = NN (only appears in CPAP mode).
AutoMax = 20 cm (default)
AutoMin = 4.0cm (default)
C-Flex Setting = Off, 1, 2 or 3
Ramp Time = (0:05 to 0:45)
Ramp Start Pressure = 4.0cm (can be from 4cm to AutoMin pressure).
Mask Alert = On/Off (beeps on large leak, mask removal).
Auto Off = Off (turns off machine on large leak/mask removal) Suggest leaving it "Off"
Show AHI/Leak = On (enables logging to display) Suggest leaving it "On"
Patient Reminder = Off (days to remind you that you get a new mask w/Insurance).
Back to Therapy Mode =

==========Resetting LCD Display Data====================

To reset LCD Therapy data (does NOT erase any data from SmartCard):

1. Hold down the (<-) (->) buttons while plugging in the power on the back,
wait for 2 beeps or 5 seconds, release buttons.
2. Press the (->) key and navigate to Therapy screen.
3. Press and HOLD down the (-) minus key for 5 seconds and/or until therapy data is reset to Zero.
4. Press the (->) key to scroll back to main menu, press (+) key to enter Setup or
On/Off button to exit.
Last edited by Wulfman on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User since 05/14/05

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:56 pm

Gringo, Den gave you the right instructions. If you'd like to have the Provider manual for your machine, PM your email address. Will be glad to send it to you.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Grinngo Viejo

Post by Grinngo Viejo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:09 am

Den,

Thank you very much for the information. I tried to PM my thanks yesterday, but I think that I may have messed it up, not being familiar with the cpaptalk template.

Best regards,

Gringo Viejo

Rainy Town

Post by Rainy Town » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:10 pm

I be grateful if you posted the direction to change the pressure on a REMstar Pro 2 C-Flex CPAP, REMstar Heated Humidifier - the one with 5 buttons that you posted above. I need to change the pressure setting to 12. Thanks.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Rainy Town wrote:I be grateful if you posted the direction to change the pressure on a REMstar Pro 2 C-Flex CPAP, REMstar Heated Humidifier - the one with 5 buttons that you posted above. I need to change the pressure setting to 12. Thanks.
You got it! My favorite machine.

Den

REMstar Pro 2 Setup

When in the Setup Menu, the humidifier ^ and ramp v buttons operate as up and down keys to change the settings, the left/right user buttons < > allow you to go to the previous/next question or setting, and the pressure start/stop button is used to exit the Setup Menu. Holding the humidifier or ramp buttons down will cause the values to change more quickly.

To enter the Therapy Setup Menu, hold the two top user buttons < > down while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding the buttons down until the REMstar Pro 2 with C-Flex beeps twice.

Note: The word "setup" will appear on all of the screens indicating that you are in the Therapy Setup Menu.
If you press the Pressure start/stop button, you will exit the Setup Menu.

a. Compliance hours/nights: (recommend leaving alone, but CAN be cleared at this point)
Select next setting with >

b. Therapy mode: (CPAP or CFLE) select with ^ or v

c. CPAP or CFLE pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

d. C-Flex mode (if you chose CFLE mode): Select setting 1, 2 or 3 with ^

e: Ramp time setting: Select with ^ or v
(ramp time will be turned off with a setting of 0:00)

f. Ramp pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

g. Patient disconnect setting: 1 = on 0 = off Select with ^ or v

h. Buttons lights setting: 1 = on 0 = off Select with ^ or v

(Last setting. Use On/Off button to exit Setup)
User since 05/14/05

Rainy town

Post by Rainy town » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:25 pm

That was easy. Thanks!

hughconn

Post by hughconn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:40 pm

How can I change the pressure setting on this device?

Thanks

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:30 pm

hughconn wrote:How can I change the pressure setting on this device?

Thanks
It's near the bottom of this page. For some reason, the forum isn't letting me post the text in THIS thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25834&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

Den
User since 05/14/05

Beechtiger

Post by Beechtiger » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:14 am

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS. THEY REALLY WORKED CHANGING THE H2O PRESSURE.

2low2rl

Post by 2low2rl » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 am

this thread is a life saver. literally. my father has sa and i know i do to so as a surprise he sent me a remstarpro m series with humidifier and i loved it but id wake up in the night gasping for air like i wasnt getting enough and have to take the mask off and realized i needed to turn it up but couldnt figure out how. i greatly appreciate this and hope it will help me keep my mask on.