OT: CBS News online totally irresponsible

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Slinky

OT: CBS News online totally irresponsible

Post by Slinky » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Demi Moore reportedly hospitalized after inhaling nitrous oxide: What are whippets, "whip-its," "whippits," and "nossies"?

After presenting an article on Demi's collapse and hospitalization and the hazards of "whippets" CBS News on the exact same online page runs two "sponsored" ads for - you guessed it!!

Whipped Cream Chargers
Special Prices Wholesale to Public
Low Price Guarantee -Free Ship

and

Nitrous Oxide Chargers
World's Largest N20 Chargers
Free Shipping for Cases. Order Now!

Now just how responsible and impressive is that???? These networks will sell their soul for a dime.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

fuzzy96

Re: OT: CBS News online totally irresponsible

Post by fuzzy96 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:40 pm

they have a soul???????????????????????????????????? thats a good one

Kairosgrammy

Post by Kairosgrammy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:45 pm

More like stupid, if you ask me. Lawsuit on the way.
Slinky wrote:Demi Moore reportedly hospitalized after inhaling nitrous oxide: What are whippets, "whip-its," "whippits," and "nossies"?

After presenting an article on Demi's collapse and hospitalization and the hazards of "whippets" CBS News on the exact same online page runs two "sponsored" ads for - you guessed it!!

Whipped Cream Chargers
Special Prices Wholesale to Public
Low Price Guarantee -Free Ship

and

Nitrous Oxide Chargers
World's Largest N20 Chargers
Free Shipping for Cases. Order Now!

Now just how responsible and impressive is that???? These networks will sell their soul for a dime.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Adds are based on key words in the article. It is totally automatic, no human is involved. In fact the whole web page is generated based the latest info in the database and its search tags.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 pm

So you're saying (Blackspinner) that no one is watching the store? No one's in charge? What about the lawyers - I can't believe they'd let that happen, but the story is so outrageous that I can almost believe it...

So Well

Post by So Well » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 am

Sorry Slinky, You are totally wrong on this one. Laws and lawyers and judges can't stop stupidity.

CBS News is not culpable.

This is individuals making their own poor choices.

Please don't call for another law, another lawsuit. Let's not clog up our courts and spend our money enriching lawyers that add no value to the equation.

There will be idiots until the end of time. It is not up to us to build a labyrinthine system of police, jails, courts, lawyers, prisons, and countless government officials to stop idiots from harming themselves.

Surprised to see Demi Moore is this stupid. But she was raised by alcoholic parents who beat her. Many in that position grow up to have their own serious problems as adults. So sad.

OK, Off to the airport. Maybe the cabin will depressurize and I can sue.
So Well
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 am

Say what????

SoWell, where in the hale did I suggest suing or liabel??? Or laws, lawyers, judges, etc., etc. as you have erupted about?

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 am

Julie wrote:So you're saying (Blackspinner) that no one is watching the store? No one's in charge? .
Nope! Just automatic software. I have written stuff like that myself. Think about it. The number of stories they get that get put up on line, the amount of work to create each webpage and verify all the keywords and adds would make it totally prohibitive to have a free online service. I am sure they have someone who does random checks and follows up emails eventually but that would be about it.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Elle

Post by Elle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:55 am

I agree with Blackspinner. I feel like I am being followed. Every time you comment on a site or shop for an item online ads will appear with similar items.