Software to get sleep statistics

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hawthorne

Software to get sleep statistics

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:29 am

I have been away for along time and see that Jedimark has shut down Sleepyhead! How can I get data for my dreamstation now?
I'm sorry he was forced to shut down.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

slowriter

Re: Software to get sleep statistics

Post by slowriter » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:39 am

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:41 am

OSCAR is a fork of SleepyHead.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
He wasn't forced to shutdown.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:47 am

SleepyHead will still work and can still be used with your machine. At least until new machines get released that have SD card files in a format that isn't compatible with it.
It's not shut down as far as being able to use what is out there....it's just that Mark isn't going to be working on updating it or bug fixing.
It is still available or people can use OSCAR which is based on SH but actually has people currently working on it.
It's got a few bugs too...but there are people working on it.

So SH is still available and works just fine (I still have it working) but it is simply no longer being supported or updated.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 am

Sleepyhead worked for 3 days when I first tried to use it again. The last 2 nights, my data does not transfer, even though I am doing nothing different that I can see.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:45 am

Which version of SleepyHead?

SleepyHead is still available to download if you want to download and install again but if you can get OSCAR to work you might as well use it.
It is a faster download from the SD card when compared to SH...so an advantage there.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:13 pm

Hawthorne wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:29 am
I have been away for along time and see that Jedimark has shut down Sleepyhead! How can I get data for my dreamstation now?
There was absolutely no "force", he did it out of spite, to try and hurt everybody, simply because other people wanted to help.

Everyone that "jedimark" drove off over time have started building a much better program to do a better job of reporting the data from cpaps.

Even though he killed the project, that has nothing at all to do with your copy of sleepyhead.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Hawthorne wrote:
I had heard that it was his own ill-health that was the issue.

(Good to see you, Hawthorne -- I, too, have been very busy and not over active here!)

Just DL Oscar, myself -- it has a few issues with my ASV, like registering the setting lower than they are, but looks otherwise pretty useful.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:02 pm

Kiralynx wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:48 pm
Hawthorne wrote:
I had heard that it was his own ill-health that was the issue.

(Good to see you, Hawthorne -- I, too, have been very busy and not over active here!)

Just DL Oscar, myself -- it has a few issues with my ASV, like registering the setting lower than they are, but looks otherwise pretty useful.
The good (possibly best) thing about Oscar is that it's being developed by a *team* of people that have put their own egos aside, they're working together, various people contributing in various ways, unraveling, and fixing, many of the messes that are embedded deep in sleepyhead, and they care most about you, the person using their program.

There are discussions about how to change many aspects of the program to make it more friendly and easier to understand and use.

I posted something in the inner development group a couple weeks ago about how refreshing working with that group was, nobody's yelling, nobody's having a temper tantrum, nobody's ego is out of control... difference of opinion are discussed and consensus is reached, and progress continues.

It's a huge change from the way SleepyHead was developed, and you, the end user, will benefit.

If you notice problems with how Oscar is behaving with your machine, *PLEASE* post a note in the "OSCAR Suggestions & Bug Reporting" thread, pinned up at the top of the forum... the devs are active, and they *WANT* to know about problems, so that they can fix them and make the program better.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.