Resmed S8 Elite vs Respironics M Series Pro - Noise levels

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OldLincoln

Post by OldLincoln » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:13 pm

I have the Elite and keep it on the floor (not a traffic area). It has always been quiet but when my re-supply time cam I got an 8 foot hose to replace the 6 foot. I was surprised that it made quite a difference in the level of sound.

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Hose_Head wrote:
This means that other factors likely will play a bigger role in my decision to buy one or the other of these machines. Things such as reported leaky humidifiers (Respironics) and software.
Rested Gal Wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't want the integrated humidifier for either of the two major brands. I'd get a separate heated humidifier -- the Fisher & Paykel HC 150 heated humidifier, for example -- which can be used with ANY brand/model machine.
I may buy a stand alone humidifier such as the F&P in a year's time (when I may be able to convince my insurer to pay the tab). But for now, I need an internal humidifier because I travel so much and need the humidification.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:03 pm

I may buy a stand alone humidifier such as the F&P in a year's time (when I may be able to convince my insurer to pay the tab). But for now, I need an internal humidifier because I travel so much and need the humidification.
IMO, travel is all internal humidifiers are good for!